I need Chn Fkai M5 font
Thread poster: ntnam
ntnam
ntnam
Vietnamese
Dec 19, 2003

Hi everyone,

I can not read a Chinese document in Chn Fkai M5 font because I have not this font.

Can anyone send this font to me?

My email is [email protected].

Thanx-a-lot

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:02
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
The problem is not necessary with the font Dec 19, 2003

Usually if Word doesn't have a Chinese font, it will use the default system font, probably PMingLiu.

If you can't read Chinese, it means you haven't installed the Chinese component. It's included in your Office CD.

Installing the font along will not work, IMHO.
ntnam wrote:

Hi everyone,

I can not read a Chinese document in Chn Fkai M5 font because I have not this font.

Can anyone send this font to me?

My email is [email protected].

Thanx-a-lot

"alone"

[Edited at 2003-12-19 06:54]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:02
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Chinese fonts come with Windows 2000 and Windows XP Dec 20, 2003

ntnam,

Thanks, Yongmei! Let me add a couple more points.

If you just need to read the Chinese text in MS Word, you do NOT have to have that particular font in your computer. Do you know that the Chinese fonts come with the Windows 2000 and Windows XP? If you are using one of those Windows, your problem is very easy to solve. Just go to Control Panel to activate your Chinese keyboard for Traditional Chinese characters and/or Simplified Characters, the Chinese fonts wil
... See more
ntnam,

Thanks, Yongmei! Let me add a couple more points.

If you just need to read the Chinese text in MS Word, you do NOT have to have that particular font in your computer. Do you know that the Chinese fonts come with the Windows 2000 and Windows XP? If you are using one of those Windows, your problem is very easy to solve. Just go to Control Panel to activate your Chinese keyboard for Traditional Chinese characters and/or Simplified Characters, the Chinese fonts will be automatically added into your PC. If your text is in Big5 code, you can change your text font into PMingliu. If your text is in GB code, you can change your text font into SimSun. Then, the Chinese text will be correctly displayed on your computer.

Chinese font files are usually quite large. I do not think it can email around easily, let alone the copyright issues.

Good Luck!

Kevin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need Chn Fkai M5 font

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »