Thread poster: Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:58
Portuguese to English
Jan 25, 2012

Hi all,

I'm here in Brazil and a Spanish agency has posted a job for which they require the above certificate for those applying from outside the EU.

Can anyone tell me what this is and which government dept in Brazil issues these.
I have never been asked for one before even though most of my work is for companies in Europe or the US.

I do have a "microempresa" here in Brazil so I have a company tax No. in addition to my personal tax No.
Is th
... See more
Hi all,

I'm here in Brazil and a Spanish agency has posted a job for which they require the above certificate for those applying from outside the EU.

Can anyone tell me what this is and which government dept in Brazil issues these.
I have never been asked for one before even though most of my work is for companies in Europe or the US.

I do have a "microempresa" here in Brazil so I have a company tax No. in addition to my personal tax No.
Is this enough. Any help appreciated,

Ward
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
CPF / CNPJ Jan 25, 2012

Hello Ward,

IMO the request is clear: they want evidence that you pay your taxes in Brazil, so that they can safely pay you the amount agreed, without deducting any Spanish or EC tax whatsoever.

Depending on who is getting paid, yourself or your company, a scanned copy of your CPF or CNPJ, respectively, should be adequate. If you want to gild the lily, you may obtain onli
... See more
Hello Ward,

IMO the request is clear: they want evidence that you pay your taxes in Brazil, so that they can safely pay you the amount agreed, without deducting any Spanish or EC tax whatsoever.

Depending on who is getting paid, yourself or your company, a scanned copy of your CPF or CNPJ, respectively, should be adequate. If you want to gild the lily, you may obtain online from the Receita Federal web site a certificate of good standing for either one.
Collapse

Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jose Jan 26, 2012

Its called a CERTIDÃO CONJUNTA NEGATIVA
DE DÉBITOS RELATIVOS AOS TRIBUTOS FEDERAIS E À DÍVIDA ATIVA DA UNIÃO

I was able to enter my CPF and CNPJ online and print it straight out. I already knew what this doc was but the "Certificate of fiscal residency" threw me. All resolved now I hope

Cheers and thanks again,
Ward

Isadora Vital
Isadora Vital
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
link May 16, 2017

Hello,

I hope you can still help me.

You said you were able to enter your CPF online and print it straight out. Can you send me the link? I tried to find at the website of Receita Federal but I couldn't find it.

Isadora

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Check if this works May 16, 2017

https://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Aplicacoes/SSL/ATCTA/cpf/ImpressaoComprovante/ConsultaImpressao.asp

Isadora Vital wrote:

Hello,

I hope you can still help me.

You said you were able to enter your CPF online and print it straight out. Can you send me the link? I tried to find at the website of Receita Federal but I couldn't find it.

Isadora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certificate of fiscal residency Brazil

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »