Thread poster: Wordup (X)
Wordup (X)
Wordup (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2017

I have had to reload Wordfast and now using the latest version. But unfortunately, I lost all my settings. I have been through the User Manual and have been unable to find guidance on how to have the differences highlighted when there is a fuzzy match. It was very helpful because I could quickly see what needed changing in the fuzzy match. Can anyone help please?
Many thanks

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Following Apr 11, 2017

Wordup wrote:
I have had to reload Wordfast and now using the latest version.

I can't help, but I'm interested in knowing the answer. But you don't say what exactly you're using. I use Wordfast Classic - is it that, or Wordfast Pro? I've also heard there's Pro 3, 4 and now 5 out there too, all with their respective versions.

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
Member (2016)
English to German
Do you mean this? Apr 11, 2017

http://wordfast.com/WFP/4.10/t1336921.html

This is for WFP 4.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
In WFC? Apr 11, 2017

You must switch on Display Translation Memory, then you see the difference. It is not quite accurate though.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 10:19
More Options > Diff Highlight Apr 11, 2017

Hi Wordup,

In TM Lookup tab click on More Options and check Diff Highlight.

Thank you,

John

Wordup wrote:

I have had to reload Wordfast and now using the latest version. But unfortunately, I lost all my settings. I have been through the User Manual and have been unable to find guidance on how to have the differences highlighted when there is a fuzzy match. It was very helpful because I could quickly see what needed changing in the fuzzy match. Can anyone help please?
Many thanks

Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
German to English
WFC Apr 11, 2017

Ctrl + Alt + M

If you're working with WFC, I assume that's what you mean.

It's probably possible to set things to start with it on, but you only have to enter it once per session if you turn it on manually.

It's wonderful. I think either neilmac or Samuel Murray taught me that shortcut in a forum here somewhere.

Comunican

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you all. And sorry for loooong delay in replying Jun 27, 2018

Hi everyone
Thank you for your replies and my apologies for taking over a year to reply (!).
I'm using Wf Classic and Ctrl + Alt + M does indeed do the trick, Michael Wetzel.
Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - how do I get differences to be highlighted when fuzzy match

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »