LGermoglio
LGermoglio
Germany
Local time: 22:04
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 20, 2018

Good afternoon,
I need a technical help. I finished a translation and stored it in CrossTank, now and I have identical segments in a new project but the CAT Tool doesn't recognize them and I have to translate them all over again, why?
What do I have to do in order to have the segments previously translated recognized in the new project?
thank you

Julia Likutsche
Julia Likutsche
Germany
Maybe a filter in the project settings templates Apr 20, 2018

Hello

Was it one of your own projects or did you download it from a customer's server? If it is your own project please check in the system settings whether you might have set a filter in the project settings templates --> crossTank.

Kind regards

Julia

Jan Kapoun
Jan Kapoun  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:04
English to Czech
+ ...
Export your complete CrossTank, then import it back Apr 23, 2022

You can export your entire CrossTank (translation memory) and then import it back for your current project. Like this, your previous translations will reapper in your current project view.
See this video on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/vv45pT3xJXg

Across obviously differenciates between different projects so if you translate something in one project, it will not appear in another.
... See more
You can export your entire CrossTank (translation memory) and then import it back for your current project. Like this, your previous translations will reapper in your current project view.
See this video on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/vv45pT3xJXg

Across obviously differenciates between different projects so if you translate something in one project, it will not appear in another. But they actually store everything into one giant database which is called cross_tank and is run at Microsoft SQL Server on your local machine under the name 'Across'.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy segments from a previous project to a new one

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »