Els Peleman
Els Peleman  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:35
French to Flemish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2020

Hello,

A customer asks me to implement the translation of the technical product sheets directly in the Production Information Management System (PIM). I read that should be possible when they activate in the BPM Translation Manager the BMP Translation Connector. That way you can export XML-files which can be translated in Trados.

Do I understand this right? Has anyone have experience with it? What are the difficulties? And is this XML-file also compatible with MemoQ? <
... See more
Hello,

A customer asks me to implement the translation of the technical product sheets directly in the Production Information Management System (PIM). I read that should be possible when they activate in the BPM Translation Manager the BMP Translation Connector. That way you can export XML-files which can be translated in Trados.

Do I understand this right? Has anyone have experience with it? What are the difficulties? And is this XML-file also compatible with MemoQ?

Best regards
Els Peleman
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:35
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Els Nov 17, 2020

I have recently translated a rather large website in a similar system, CMS (= content management system).
Working in it was easy, however there was no possibility of exporting/importing anything, and, moreover, I needed to copy the text to Word in order to know the word count. I copied also the translation into the 2nd column, and this way I could use my translation for repeated parts of the text as there was no other way to do this. I strongly suspect that this will be the case with PIM a
... See more
I have recently translated a rather large website in a similar system, CMS (= content management system).
Working in it was easy, however there was no possibility of exporting/importing anything, and, moreover, I needed to copy the text to Word in order to know the word count. I copied also the translation into the 2nd column, and this way I could use my translation for repeated parts of the text as there was no other way to do this. I strongly suspect that this will be the case with PIM as well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating in PIM with Trados or MemoQ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »