Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Thread poster: Tom in London
Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
Behold! I come bearing jokes, but only for the naughty kids! Dec 1, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
Santa (julklapp)

Mother Brombach (way before all those modern laws): Come on, sweet baby Matthias, we're going to the mall so we can take your photo with Santa giving you his junklap!
The holiday after. Mother Brombach (again, way before all those modern laws): Sweet baby Matthias, if you don't go to sleep Santa's junklap won't cum!
BTW, not necessarily our Matthias, no no no, you stinking assumers😠. Unless of course you know something, then by all means tell me😝😂.
Disclaimer: 1) The above wordplay can, in NO way, be used to allow any monkey business between Santa and his little fans😠!
2) Also, you use the above wordplay on your intimate partner(s) without my prior written consent, and -yes, you got it right- I will sue ☞(2020©).

Speaking of Santa, how come he is not a female yet? Are there no Christmas-conscious feminists at all? A melodramatic one from Cortoral that goes by stressinadress; a self-seen cunning that goes by Comas Bi Frost; maybe? Shame shame shame!

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:53
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Thanks, Exy ... Dec 1, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

I can take care of Alain Delon, and help you with your hyperuricemia pills.
(By the way, I hope you are doing well!)

... I´m fine, although I still do not dare to open my Secret Sad..., sorry, Secret Santa this morning, because I got (gotten?) a warning. Perhaps it contains a baby Nile crocodile, which bites me so that I cannot type frivolous posts in this thread any longer?
And thank you for adding the Oreo stuff, I will have them with some Galão this afternoon!

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 1, 2020

Chris S wrote:
Prince Albert/Queen Vic's door/before opening time

If you really meant what I think you did, then it's a nice (sexist, but nice) joke, but I'm not sure your "make-believe" woman will (not would) like it!

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 1, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
baby Nile crocodile/bites me/cannot type frivolous posts in this thread any longer

Good one! But, seriously, no biting meant at all, I made the joke knowing you appreciate a good laugh! So, keep on frivolizing!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 23:53
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
"De nada", Matthias! Dec 1, 2020

I'm with you Matthias, I "gotten" one too a few weeks ago.
Don't be worried about that. "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
No, it's not that, it contains "croissants" to be served with the "galão". I prefer a "cimbalino".
How nice! You know the "galão"!

For the ones who don't know it:
... See more
I'm with you Matthias, I "gotten" one too a few weeks ago.
Don't be worried about that. "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
No, it's not that, it contains "croissants" to be served with the "galão". I prefer a "cimbalino".
How nice! You know the "galão"!

For the ones who don't know it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galão
https://educalingo.com/en/dic-pt/cimbalino

[Edited at 2020-12-01 15:07 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Grazie tante Dec 2, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

This thread is a load of **** but it seems to amuse some people, so please do carry on.

Thank you for the load of fun, Tom.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Zibow Retailleau

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Take off ... Dec 2, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
baby Nile crocodile/bites me/cannot type frivolous posts in this thread any longer

Good one! But, seriously, no biting meant at all, I made the joke knowing you appreciate a good laugh! So, keep on frivolizing!

... your sunglasses and behave yourself. I know very gentle and humorous people of your culture, they would be a good fit among all the Portuguese, Irish, Welsh, English, French and sometimes German posters. Therefore: One more try, please, and less agressive. You can do better.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Indeed a shame: Dec 2, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:
Comas Bi Frost; maybe? Shame shame shame!

Yes, shame, shame, shame indeed:
It should be "Bo Frost" (see link):

https://www.bofrost.de/

Upon request, they also deliver in Sharm El Sheikh to Mrs. Charmaine Shake.

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Please, Sadek ... Dec 2, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Good one! But, seriously, no biting meant at all, I made the joke knowing you appreciate a good laugh! So, keep on frivolizing!*

... play again with us in this little playpen. But don´t throw with all that desert sand around you. If you don´t listen, the Father of Spelling (Abu London) will come back and takes your sand molds you used for all your nice Pyramids you have built in the sand pit!

* good?

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-02 14:20 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-02 16:44 GMT]

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Forget the Pyramids! Dec 2, 2020

Matthias, jump in! Join me in a "galão".

metro

Matthias Brombach
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
A true streetcar ... Dec 2, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

Matthias, jump in! Join me in a "galão".

... named desire!

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 2, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
among all the Portuguese, Irish, Welsh, English, French and sometimes German posters

So sorry😝😂, but the rule is "anyone comes after me, I go Sphinx on their butts😝😂". That's just how it is😝😂.

Matthias Brombach wrote:
play again with us. your sand molds you used for all your nice Pyramids

You're not lying. I do build nice pyramids, but not with sand. I use seed shells; pumpkin, sunflower, etc. You should see me, a true work of art😝😂!

Matthias Brombach wrote:
It should be "Bo Frost"

No no no; see? Frost is causing the coma. I don't think Frost is (Bo)oping like you suggested; did you see any (Bo)op on this thread's floor? You smell it? Then check the corners and blindspots, they're usually a good hiding place😝😂!

Matthias Brombach wrote:
deliver in Sharm El Sheikh to Mrs. Charmaine Shake

There is actually a Charmaine Shake in Sharm El Sheikh, and she's not happy about her name being used in this thread.
I believe her words were "I'm gonna squeeze that desk-toy-playing Brombach through into several finer Germans😝😂".
She basically means that when she is done with you, she will be having her own team of miniature Matthiass.

Disclaimer: 1) no aggressiveness intended. 2) you know the drill (I will sue ☞(2020©)).

I must have given you like $20K worth of jokes so far.

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 2, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
the Father of Spelling (Abu London)

No! "Abu London" not good enough!
With someone like him you need to go ultra super very creative on his butt!
Try this:
Ma'alim Kershah Kebeer Lundun
المَعلِّم كرشة كبير لندن
Master "Tripe" Boss of London (MTBL; an acronym that actually has close similarity to "spiced متبل" in Arabic)

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Julklapp? Dec 2, 2020

Varför pratar man plötsligt svenska? Trodde jag var den enda här som kan språket. Och jultomten han kommer ju ifrån Finland, va? Förvirrad.com.

Which Google Translate gets almost right:
Why do you suddenly speak Swedish? Thought I was the only one here who knows the language. And Santa Claus he comes from Finland, right? Confused.com.

expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Julklapp Dec 3, 2020

I was wondering about that myself. And now some real Swedish sentences, too. With not even one "hurdy" or "gurdy" in there, tee-hee. Do hurdy, gurdy or hurdy-gurdy even mean anything in Swedish, or is it just our childish imitation of their diction?

Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »