Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Off topic: What kind of music are you listening to lately?
Thread poster: Yolanda Bello Olvera
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Music makes you loose control! Aug 31, 2007

It is true that working in silence is nice, but from time to time I put on my headphones and liven it up with CSS, The Gossip, Datarock, The Pipettes, Electric Six, Razorlight , The Killers, Siouxie and The Banshees...
Something quieter: Kings of Convenience, Erlend Oye or Geru Mulligan, Eliot Smith or Nouvelle Vague. I also like Ska Cubano and pretty much everything launched by Putumayo records. As for classics, why not some Janis Joplin, Joy Division, T.Rex or lately Yoko Ono with her la
... See more
It is true that working in silence is nice, but from time to time I put on my headphones and liven it up with CSS, The Gossip, Datarock, The Pipettes, Electric Six, Razorlight , The Killers, Siouxie and The Banshees...
Something quieter: Kings of Convenience, Erlend Oye or Geru Mulligan, Eliot Smith or Nouvelle Vague. I also like Ska Cubano and pretty much everything launched by Putumayo records. As for classics, why not some Janis Joplin, Joy Division, T.Rex or lately Yoko Ono with her last album which is great!
Tango? why not!

See you!
S.
Collapse

Dr. Jason Faulkner
Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
Spanish to English
Radio Mano Papa Chango!! Sep 1, 2007

Manu Chao and Radio Bemba Sound Machine.

They sing in Spanish, English, French, Portuguese and some North African language I haven't figured out (if it's Arabic, it must be the accent that's throwing me off).

There's some Russian mixed in there, too, but I can only learn so much in a year.

It's really helping my French!

SaludoZ!

Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Local time: 10:32
English to Italian
I LOVE music Sep 2, 2007

I can't live without it. I also love singing songs, it puts me in a good mood.

I like a lot of different stuff when it comes to music. First of all, I'd like everyone who is not from Italy to look into Elisa's songs because she has the best voice ever, it's like crystal. She sings in English, so you don't have to worry. You'll thank me for that.

Then there is the fabulous Queen, the Skunk Anansie, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Bjork, Massive Attack, Portishead, Bob Marley
... See more

I like a lot of different stuff when it comes to music. First of all, I'd like everyone who is not from Italy to look into Elisa's songs because she has the best voice ever, it's like crystal. She sings in English, so you don't have to worry. You'll thank me for that.

Then there is the fabulous Queen, the Skunk Anansie, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Bjork, Massive Attack, Portishead, Bob Marley, U2, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Tracy Chapman... okay, I'll stop.
Collapse

Alessandro Zocchi
Alessandro Zocchi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
German to Italian
+ ...
For Graziano Sep 2, 2007

Graziano Scaldaferri wrote:

Then there is the fabulous Queen, the Skunk Anansie, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Bjork, Massive Attack, Portishead, Bob Marley, U2, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Tracy Chapman... okay, I'll stop.

Graziano,

maybe in another life we've been twins...

... from Elisa ("Music's the reason why I know time still exists...") and the magic of the immortal Queen (just think about the solutions of "Good old fashioned lover boy", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "The march of the Black Queen", "Lazing on a Sunday afternoon", "Radio GaGa", just to mention a few of it all.

Long live Coldplay and whoever as an artist can share feelings in such a delicate way!

Ale

[Edited at 2007-09-03 07:13]

Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
English to Italian
For Ale Sep 4, 2007

Alessandro Zocchi wrote:

maybe in another life we've been twins

Maybe we have!

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 19:32
Italian to English
Morgan solo Sep 4, 2007

Chiara_R wrote:

lingomania wrote:

Ciao Chiara! Is that THE Morgan who was Asia Argento's b-friend??! Or am I getting mixed up as usual??!
Incubus are cool.

Rob

Hi Rob!
You're right, that's him. Well, I think nobody (maybe himself included) knows whether he was with Asia or he still is with her, or maybe he was, then they spilt, and then were still together, and then... Anyway, I don't care much about that. I like him anyway, and despite his whole personal story, I find his current music much less depressing and dull than some Bluvertigo pieces (his former band). Or maybe it's just me who's no more in that adolescent-gloomy mood ;p

Incubus are great - I like their atmosphere...

I forgot Coldplay and Elisa, that are stored in my PC, hence giving me the chance to listen to some music when I work with low-concentration works (drawings, etc.)

Chiara

I like Morgan solo more then Bluevertigo too!!

lingomania
lingomania
Italian to English
Warhead Sep 4, 2007

A very good psychedelic rock stoner band (all quite young guys who have been "gigging" for eons!) and very good friends of mine from TERNI near Rome. I corrected some of their English lyrics in the past. I'm listening to their new album called Sky Fab....great music.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa37/RobOZ_2007/?action=view��t=WARHEADSKYFABnewWarhead2007
... See more
A very good psychedelic rock stoner band (all quite young guys who have been "gigging" for eons!) and very good friends of mine from TERNI near Rome. I corrected some of their English lyrics in the past. I'm listening to their new album called Sky Fab....great music.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa37/RobOZ_2007/?action=view��t=WARHEADSKYFABnewWarhead2007album.jpg
Collapse

smorales30
smorales30  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Difranco Sep 8, 2007

Ani Difranco forever!

Also: Regina Spektor, Live, The Calling, Neko Case and Matt Nathanson

lingomania
lingomania
Italian to English
Regina! Sep 10, 2007

smorales30 wrote:

Ani Difranco forever!

Also: Regina Spektor, Live, The Calling, Neko Case and Matt Nathanson

If I had to choose between Ani and Regina, I'd choose the latter any day. I just don't "get" Ani's music....must be the arrangements or something...but's that's just me!

Rob

lingomania
lingomania
Italian to English
Chuck Sep 11, 2007

Chuck Berry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU

lingomania
lingomania
Italian to English
The Kinks Sep 11, 2007

Got some dust off this one....lovely song indeed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDoDaCYrEY

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 02:32
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Univers Zero Sep 12, 2007

I just got their "Live" album in the mail a couple of weeks ago (I write reviews for fun for a music website)...it's pretty awesome.

Before that, I was listening to Victoria's Responsories for Tenebrae. Beautiful choral music.

lingomania
lingomania
Italian to English
Cat Stevens Sep 12, 2007

Some Cat Stevens on a rare footage of the 3 Stooges...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGu0dKt5mc

Alexander Litvinov
Alexander Litvinov
Local time: 12:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Stanley Jordan, Jeff Beck Sep 12, 2007

I hate hearing words (including song lyrics) while working, so I have a large collection of guitar music copied to my HDD. When I'm not typing anything I listen to Radio Roks (Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and many others), or Nick Cave, Einsturzende Neubauten, The Cure and Sting.

Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
Graziano Scaldaferri (X)
English to Italian
Lifeline Sep 14, 2007

Just finished listening to Ben Harper's last album Lifeline. It's good, you know. This man knows what good music is.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »