Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:59
French to English
Mar 22, 2018

Hello all
I'm translating a tourism document in Word and have been told to edit the hyperlinks but leave the links in. However the only way to view the actual text in the hyperlink seems to be to remove it. When I right click on edit hyperlink the actual text is not revealed and there's no option to change it. Grateful for any help.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 10:59
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Toggle codes? Mar 22, 2018

Normally, when you right-click, you have the option to 'toggle codes', which will siwtch you back and forth between seeing the hyperlink tag and the actual text.

Normally, you can edit the text as it appears on screen, AS LONG AS you are very careful not to delete the invisible tags that make it a link! I usually start by typing in the middle of the existing text, and then deleting very carefully one character at a time in front of and behind my addiiton, using 'Undo' if I do indave
... See more
Normally, when you right-click, you have the option to 'toggle codes', which will siwtch you back and forth between seeing the hyperlink tag and the actual text.

Normally, you can edit the text as it appears on screen, AS LONG AS you are very careful not to delete the invisible tags that make it a link! I usually start by typing in the middle of the existing text, and then deleting very carefully one character at a time in front of and behind my addiiton, using 'Undo' if I do indavertently delete something I shouldn't have.

Of course, the more elegant solution is to use the 'edit hyperlkin' command and then just edit the text in the 'name' field.

You didn't say which version of Word you are using? I'm using a very old one, so it's posible things have changed since then
Collapse

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 22, 2018

Thanks Tony. I'm using Word 2016. No option to toggle codes when I right click, will see if I can do that some other way.

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Success! Mar 22, 2018

I think, using shift + F9 to toggle codes on and off! Many thanks wouldn't have worked that out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing hyperlinks

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »