Tomasz Poplawski
Tomasz Poplawski  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
May 1, 2020

Guys,
It may sound to you like one of these "I'm a wife of the late Nigerian oil minister" letters - but keep reading please, I've been on Proz under my own name for over 20 years, and it is easy to verify my information.
I have a client whose family members spent most of WWII in a small town of Topchikha https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Топчиха
It wasn't exactly their c
... See more
Guys,
It may sound to you like one of these "I'm a wife of the late Nigerian oil minister" letters - but keep reading please, I've been on Proz under my own name for over 20 years, and it is easy to verify my information.
I have a client whose family members spent most of WWII in a small town of Topchikha https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Топчиха
It wasn't exactly their choice of course - Joe insisted - but anyway, as a part of a family history project, he's willing to pay somebody to go there and try to find the house? - the place where it once stood? some other traces? and take a few pictures. Obviously, with COVID, it may be limited to people who live there or nearby - perhaps, dear Forum members, you know someone there?
Any other suggestions on how to accomplish something like that would be very welcome.
RespectfullyTomasz

[Edited at 2020-05-01 17:58 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Doroshenko
Elena Doroshenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
My schoolmate lives in Topchikha. May 2, 2020

If your client know the name of the street or some other details of where was the house, I can ask her to do photos.

Tomasz Poplawski
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 2, 2020

Elena, great news! I know of one address from the letters I translated, let me ask him if there's more, and I'll send you a message with details!
TP

Tomasz Poplawski
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow-up May 8, 2020

Elena, please let me know if you've received my message with relevant details, and if you still can help.
Anybody else is also welcome to chime in.
Thank you
Tomasz

[Edited at 2020-05-08 01:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help in family history research

Translation news in Russian Federation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »