Roberta Beyer
Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:31
Member (2011)
French to English
Apr 4, 2017

Help!

I just upgraded today from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017 - finally. There are a lot of quirks to get used to but one has me particularly stumped.

The content I translate includes a lot of long numbers (serial numbers and the like). I am very accustomed, in Studio 2011, to using Quickplace by hitting ctr+comma and selecting the suggestion that I want to insert. But when I do that in 2017, it does insert the number but it eats up several characters preceding it. It's n
... See more
Help!

I just upgraded today from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017 - finally. There are a lot of quirks to get used to but one has me particularly stumped.

The content I translate includes a lot of long numbers (serial numbers and the like). I am very accustomed, in Studio 2011, to using Quickplace by hitting ctr+comma and selecting the suggestion that I want to insert. But when I do that in 2017, it does insert the number but it eats up several characters preceding it. It's not always the same number of characters.

So, for example, if I am trying to write the word "parents" in the target segment and then insert a number (12345, for example) from the source segment next, this is what I would have ended up with in Studio 2011:

parents 12345

and this is what I am ending up with in 2017:

par12345

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you!
Collapse

Roberta Beyer
Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:31
Member (2011)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bump! Apr 18, 2017

I am still having this problem and have not been able to find any info on it. Bumping the post in the hope that someone can help.

_Bea_
_Bea_
Germany
Local time: 02:31
Hint for solution Sep 11, 2017

Hey Roberta,

I encountered quite the same problem when I updated to 2017 - however I was used to pressing < for the selection of quickplaces before Trados 2017. This 'procedure' resulted in overwritten characters when I did it in Trados 2017.
What I found out: now I have to do what you were previously accustomed to: I have to press ctrl + comma to open the suggestions!
Maybe you should try hitting

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quickplace overwrites preceding characters in Studio 2017

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »