Can't import alignment to TM Trados 17
Thread poster: Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2017

Hi,
I've aligned and edited two Word documents and confirmed all of the segments (all the connecting lines are green), but when I click on "Import into Translation Memory" I get this error message: "0/390 alignment pairs imported into TM. Only duplicates or disconnected segments found." I have opened the source document in Trados to check that the segments are not in my memory and they are not. Any idea what the problem is?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:54
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Duplicates Sep 8, 2017

Hi, Lisa,

From the error message, it sounds like those segments are already in the TM. Have you tried opening your translation memory to see if the segments are there?

Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Memory appears to have no translated units Sep 9, 2017

Hi,

I had created a new memory for this project and in the translation memory view it appears to have no translated units even though I had already translated and added several segments.
I switched to a memory I had from Trados 15 and I was able to import my aligned files without issue. I wanted to use a dedicated memory for this project, but now I'm using my gigantic old general memory from before.
Anyway, I found a way around it, but I still would like to know what I
... See more
Hi,

I had created a new memory for this project and in the translation memory view it appears to have no translated units even though I had already translated and added several segments.
I switched to a memory I had from Trados 15 and I was able to import my aligned files without issue. I wanted to use a dedicated memory for this project, but now I'm using my gigantic old general memory from before.
Anyway, I found a way around it, but I still would like to know what I might be doing wrong...
Collapse

Jose Fernandez
Jose Fernandez
Local time: 17:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Workaround Jan 10, 2018

Hello Lisa,

You probably have no use for this now, but I just wanted to leave a reply with a workaround in case anyone else encounters the same problem. This workaround didn't work either for me, but hopefully it will for someone else.

This happened to me after manually connecting and confirming a huge file. When I went to import it, I got the same error.

What I did was save the Align as an SDLXLIFF. I then opened the file in a new project and added the t
... See more
Hello Lisa,

You probably have no use for this now, but I just wanted to leave a reply with a workaround in case anyone else encounters the same problem. This workaround didn't work either for me, but hopefully it will for someone else.

This happened to me after manually connecting and confirming a huge file. When I went to import it, I got the same error.

What I did was save the Align as an SDLXLIFF. I then opened the file in a new project and added the translation memory that I had created for this Align. I proceeded to set all segments as translated and then ran a batch task to Update the main translation memories. I had a feeling of satisfaction at this point for having come up with a workaround, but the batch task didn't work. I got a large number of warnings (same number as my translation segments) saying that an "unspecified error occurred". No translations were added to the memory. So I am now trying to figure out what failed.

I will update this response if I come up with a solution.

If anyone else can think of a solution, please share.

Thanks!

Lisa Mann wrote:

Hi,

Anyway, I found a way around it, but I still would like to know what I might be doing wrong...
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 02:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another workaround Jan 11, 2018

Yes, as Lisa says, the task doesn't work.
What I do is to create an alignment file with the files aligned. There is an option to do this in the wizard.
Then, I import the alignment file into my TM.
Guess I haven't found any other way to do this.
Hope it helps.

Cristina Frasineanu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import alignment to TM Trados 17

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »