Studio 2015 project - STUCK in 'Review', how to get out? (complete beginner, help!)
Thread poster: Bente_F
Bente_F
Bente_F  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:33
English to Danish
Sep 15, 2017

I received my first ever project package yesterday, managed to open it and work on it, saved from time to time and ended up having done about 60% of the job before closing Trados.

Now, probably being stupid, I thought I could open it again the same way I open single files - by finding it and double-clicking. Trados offered to open the original package, which was 4% done (the pre-translated segments) and also warned me that this was an older version. I said no to this, opened Trados
... See more
I received my first ever project package yesterday, managed to open it and work on it, saved from time to time and ended up having done about 60% of the job before closing Trados.

Now, probably being stupid, I thought I could open it again the same way I open single files - by finding it and double-clicking. Trados offered to open the original package, which was 4% done (the pre-translated segments) and also warned me that this was an older version. I said no to this, opened Trados itself from the shortcut and found the file.

However, SOMEHOW I managed to open it in 'Review' mode, and now I can't seem to get out without completing this (imaginary) review. I've closed Trados and opened it again several times, but it keeps coming up that way. I found the project itself in my files hoping to make a copy for safekeeping, but Trados must have added something to it in connection with opening the 'Review', as the file is now timestamped as per this morning at 10, it says (MY latest work on it was yesterday..).

How do I undo this review-thingey and get back to merely WORKING on the file I saved yesterday? If I click on the 'Complete Review' button, I'm warned that 'This will mark all unreviewed segments as approved and will also save and close the document. Are you sure you want to continue?' NO! I'm not sure, because I don't know what it'll friggin' DO..

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Best wishes,

Bente
Collapse

conniebrathen
conniebrathen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:33
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Close document and reopen, using "open for translation" from files tool bar. Sep 15, 2017

Hi Bente,

When you are reopening your file, do you simply doubleclick it? If so, it will keep opening in review status (you must have accidentally chosen "open for review", and now it will keep opening in the last status until you change it).

To change status, first close the document in the editor view. Go to the project list and double click on your project - this brings up the files view. Now highlight the file by clicking on it, then select "open for translation" fr
... See more
Hi Bente,

When you are reopening your file, do you simply doubleclick it? If so, it will keep opening in review status (you must have accidentally chosen "open for review", and now it will keep opening in the last status until you change it).

To change status, first close the document in the editor view. Go to the project list and double click on your project - this brings up the files view. Now highlight the file by clicking on it, then select "open for translation" from the tool bar.

If this simple solution doesn't help, there is always the option to start from scratch but with the updated TM, which you can use to pretranslate the file and bring you back to speed.

[Edited at 2017-09-15 10:22 GMT]
Collapse

Bente_F
Bente_F  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:33
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 15, 2017

Connie, you're a saviour! I'm up and running again, and my work from yesterday is still intact. Thank you SO much!

I opened Trados, selected Editor view, selected Files -> Recent documents, as it says in the book. That didn't do the trick, however.

Best wishes,

Bente

[Edited at 2017-09-15 10:35 GMT]

conniebrathen
conniebrathen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:33
English to Norwegian
+ ...
No Problem Sep 15, 2017

Glad I could help! Hopefully, it will plain sailing from here on

Best wishes,
Connie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 project - STUCK in 'Review', how to get out? (complete beginner, help!)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »