Beginner on SDL Trados 2017 - TM content not appearing after creating it.
Thread poster: Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 20, 2017

Hi

I am beginning to use Trados 2017 and although finding the video tutorials very helpful, I'm having trouble understanding if there is something I am not doing right.

I am practising with a short paragraph I copied and pasted into a Word document to start translating and using the basic features.
I created the TM, which appeared in the TM section as open and then I followed the steps to start translating the short paragraph. After completing the transla
... See more
Hi

I am beginning to use Trados 2017 and although finding the video tutorials very helpful, I'm having trouble understanding if there is something I am not doing right.

I am practising with a short paragraph I copied and pasted into a Word document to start translating and using the basic features.
I created the TM, which appeared in the TM section as open and then I followed the steps to start translating the short paragraph. After completing the translation, I just tried checking the TM by clicking on a confirmed segment but nothing appears on the TM. If I search a term that I have translated or even from the source text, nothing appears.

What am I doing wrong?
Collapse

Sandra de Pablo
Sandra de Pablo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:56
German to Spanish
+ ...
"Update" TM checkbox should be active Sep 21, 2017

Hi Paula,
Did you ensure that in Project Settings, on the Translation Memory section the checkbox Update is checked?

Hope it helps.
Sandra

Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 21, 2017

Thank you Sandra.

And that is always as soon as you create the TM, right?

Sandra de Pablo
Sandra de Pablo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:56
German to Spanish
+ ...
When you add a TM to a project Sep 21, 2017

When you add a translation memory to your project you ensure that it is checked (it should stay like that, but better make sure). Though sometimes you might want to have it unchecked, if you just want to use that memory as reference, but not save your translations, if you work with several TMs, for example.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beginner on SDL Trados 2017 - TM content not appearing after creating it.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »