Thread poster: Kaya Green
Kaya Green
Kaya Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:08
German to English
Jan 21, 2019

Hi all!
I was sent a project package to translate.
This included an AnyTM. On opening the package I was notified "The translation provider 'AnyTM: XYZ.sdltm' couldn't be opened and has been disabled". Though the "enable" checkbox for this TM is not ticked (and the same error message comes up when I do tick it), what seems to be a sub-TM is ticked as enabled. This does not have much in it so I checked with the client.
I was sent the TM separately to attach to the project. This s
... See more
Hi all!
I was sent a project package to translate.
This included an AnyTM. On opening the package I was notified "The translation provider 'AnyTM: XYZ.sdltm' couldn't be opened and has been disabled". Though the "enable" checkbox for this TM is not ticked (and the same error message comes up when I do tick it), what seems to be a sub-TM is ticked as enabled. This does not have much in it so I checked with the client.
I was sent the TM separately to attach to the project. This seemed successful and it showed up as enabled in the project settings. Though it is a massive TM, no matches are showing up when I translate the text and concordance is not searching it.
When I disable the 'sub-TM' sent with the package, there is then no TM available to me at all, even though the separate TM I added manually is still ticked as enabled.
I have upgraded this TM and re-indexed it (not sure what that means but thought it worth a try). I'm pretty new to the technical ins and outs of this so forgive me if any of this is self-evident or doesn't make sense!

Does anyone know what I could do to remedy this? Got massive text to translate and not much time...
Many thanks!
Collapse

Kaya Green
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Forgot to say Jan 21, 2019

it is Studio 2019

Kaya Green
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jan 21, 2019

This may have had something to do with a mismatch of target languages (text set to UK, TM to US). I fiddled around a bit and under the specific language pair (>UK) added the new (>US) TM as a file-based AnyTM rather than simply a file-based TM.. this seems to have worked!

Ondira
Ondira  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to German
Thank you! Sep 19, 2020

Thank you so much for this! You just saved me with your tip - I had the same problem, and your solution worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM in project package disabled; TM added manually not working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »