Thread poster: Sue Davis
Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:40
Member (2015)
French to English
Apr 29, 2020

I wish to transfer Trados Studio 2017 to a new computer and deactivate it on my old computer. I can see how to deactivate it and can access the download via my account. I am not clear whether that is all there is to it: do I for instance need my old activation code or will I be provided with another? I am reluctant to start the process until I am clear what to do. MTIA, Sue

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Sue Apr 29, 2020

Sue Davis wrote:
I am not clear whether that is all there is to it: do I for instance need my old activation code or will I be provided with another?

I have done this a number of times, but now I have to think back... well, I'm not sure what you mean by "activation code", but as far as I know the license number (red arrow in image below) always remains the same, and that is all you need to activate Trados after you installed it.

trados reply

Of course, as you already know, you have to return the license before uninstalling Trados (or before you install Trados on the new computer), and if you didn't do that (and no longer have access to the old computer), you can "force return" the license using a link near the license number on the web site (and this will, as far as I can tell, send a message to their support service, and they will manually reset it). And if you screwed up, you can also contact Trados support here (click "Licensing and Installation Help") and a human will help you reset it, although the help may not be instantaneous.

[Edited at 2020-04-29 12:59 GMT]

expressisverbis
Aline Amorim
Maria Pia Giuseppina Nuzzolese

Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 30, 2020

Many thanks Samuel, that is really helpful

Jutta Deichselberger
Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Samuel has already said everything... Apr 30, 2020

Hi Sue,

the license code remains the same!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer of Studio 2017 to a new computer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »