Thread poster: Ozan TEKLİ
Ozan TEKLİ
Ozan TEKLİ
United States
Local time: 20:42
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2020

I'm having a problem at translating a word document. I need to translate the text into "texte d'Arrivée" section as you may see in the screenshot. There's is a problem about row and column i think.

Thank you.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:42
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
In such cases Aug 20, 2020

the simpliest way is to copy the source text from the left column into the right column, then hide the text in the left column and translate the right column.

When the translation will be ready, save the target file and unhide the left column.

Amnon Shapira
Ozan TEKLİ
expressisverbis

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:42
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Agree -but Aug 20, 2020

The prposed solotion is good for Excel files where you can "Hide" colomns, in Word you can simply copy the source file, translate the copied file and then copy the translated colomn back to the source file.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:42
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
The proposed solution Aug 20, 2020

is equally good for a table in Word.

Jorge Payan
expressisverbis

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:42
English to Russian
Even easier than Excel Aug 20, 2020

Amnon Shapira wrote:
The prposed solotion is good for Excel files where you can "Hide" colomns, in Word you can simply copy the source file, translate the copied file and then copy the translated colomn back to the source file.

In MS Word, hiding is even easier than in Excel. Just select the left column text and press Ctrl+Shift+H. Once translation is done, select all and press Ctrl+Shift+H two times to unhide all. As simple as that.

Jorge Payan
Ozan TEKLİ
expressisverbis

Ozan TEKLİ
Ozan TEKLİ
United States
Local time: 20:42
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Aug 22, 2020

Ctrl+Shift+H solved the problem. I just copied the on the left to the right and hid. Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Layout problem on Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »