Who can show us first steps in Trados / someone around in Porto (Portugal)?
Thread poster: MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard  Identity Verified
Germany
Nov 26, 2020

Some of our friends live in Porto, working on a post editing job of a travel guide and needs help to start working in Trados 2019.
Who lives in Porto an can spend a few hours on side by side training?

Michael Leonard

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:29
English to Italian
+ ...
Help fo SDL Trados Studio 2019 Nov 27, 2020

Hi Michael,
If you need help with SDL Trados Studio 2019 I can assist you or your colleagues but I can do that online via Teamviewer or Skype because I live in Italy. In any case I do not really need to be face2face to teach people how to use the software, the online solution has proved to be an excellent means for helping people around the world. Therefore, if you think that I can be of he
... See more
Hi Michael,
If you need help with SDL Trados Studio 2019 I can assist you or your colleagues but I can do that online via Teamviewer or Skype because I live in Italy. In any case I do not really need to be face2face to teach people how to use the software, the online solution has proved to be an excellent means for helping people around the world. Therefore, if you think that I can be of help you can contact me directly via email: [email protected] or via skype: eurox55
- I hope to hear from you soon. My best regards, Paolo Sebastiani
Collapse

MichaelLeonard
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
would be a option Nov 27, 2020

Thank you for your offer. But we would be able to give the translator a hand over skype etc. But he would prefere a personal assistence.

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 10:29
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Why starting post-editing in Trados? Nov 28, 2020

I do not understand, why you want to start using Trados for post-editing? Did you use Trados for translating the text or is an alignment also required? Do you have a Trados version by your own e maybe you use a limited demo version? Or is it even a machine translated text, you want to edit now? Why then do you require Trados and specially Studio 2019? There are a lot of translators in Portugal, why not asking one of them? IMHO several explanations are missing, before somebody is willing to spend... See more
I do not understand, why you want to start using Trados for post-editing? Did you use Trados for translating the text or is an alignment also required? Do you have a Trados version by your own e maybe you use a limited demo version? Or is it even a machine translated text, you want to edit now? Why then do you require Trados and specially Studio 2019? There are a lot of translators in Portugal, why not asking one of them? IMHO several explanations are missing, before somebody is willing to spend hours by teaching your friends, who do not seem to be ready to visit someone outside Porto.

[Bearbeitet am 2020-11-29 08:32 GMT]
Collapse

MichaelLeonard
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
post editing Porto Nov 28, 2020

The translation was done with deepl in Trados. The post editor Erwin is a country expert, lives in Porto and speaks good Portuguese.
The work was done in a full version of Trados 2019, which runs virtualized on our server in Erlangen and is provided on site via VMware Horizon.
We developed a special CMS system in our company, based on Word and allows us to enrich the travel guide content with semantic content to generate an app (mmtravel). The semantic information in the Word XML fi
... See more
The translation was done with deepl in Trados. The post editor Erwin is a country expert, lives in Porto and speaks good Portuguese.
The work was done in a full version of Trados 2019, which runs virtualized on our server in Erlangen and is provided on site via VMware Horizon.
We developed a special CMS system in our company, based on Word and allows us to enrich the travel guide content with semantic content to generate an app (mmtravel). The semantic information in the Word XML file is encapsulated in Trados before importing it into Trados to avoid losing it. I think to switch to memoQ for example would require some effort.

[Edited at 2020-11-28 20:56 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who can show us first steps in Trados / someone around in Porto (Portugal)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »