Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 19, 2021

I moved to Studio 2021 and found it is very unstable. At least once a day it crashes out of nowhere, and sometimes several times a day.

Also, sometimes no Multiterm matches are show. I re-organize it and remove and reconnet it to the project. Most of the times it helps, but it is very annoying.

I have Win 10 with 8GB RAM, and it is quite a stable machine.

With Studio 2015 I did not have these problems.

Does anybody else experience the crashes a
... See more
I moved to Studio 2021 and found it is very unstable. At least once a day it crashes out of nowhere, and sometimes several times a day.

Also, sometimes no Multiterm matches are show. I re-organize it and remove and reconnet it to the project. Most of the times it helps, but it is very annoying.

Does anybody else experience the crashes and problems with Multiterm?
Collapse

Sanjin Grandić
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Omar Lobao
Michael Harris
Maarten Fortuin

Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same here Jan 19, 2021

I'm having both of these issues too. Very annoying.

It's a brand new computer and I'm not having problems with anything else.

Omar Lobao
Dan Lucas
Yossi Rozenman
Maarten Fortuin

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Strange Jan 19, 2021

I don't have any problems with Studio 2021, and my PC is a few years old.

Roy

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Studio 2021 very unstable Jan 20, 2021

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

I run Studio 2021 in Windows 10 under Parallels on an iMac.
I cannot confirm your problems, Studio and Multiterm both run very smoothly and reliably.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Error Jan 21, 2021

In the first minute or so when trying Studio 2021, I was met with this.

Then a couple of more errors like it. Programming quality on this level beggars belief in a commercial application.

Maarten Fortuin

Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
21st century Jan 22, 2021

Thank God I didn't purchase that crap. My Studio 2019 Professional keeps crashing regularly too.
I hope one day we'll have a decent software to work with.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Same here as well Feb 3, 2021

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

I have just been given the following tip in one of my questions:

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/349018-studio_2021_keeps_on_crashing.html

I will be trying it out and hope it helps.

Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
And... Feb 17, 2021

...did it help?

Expensive piece of crap!

Karl Callus
Karl Callus  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 20:51
German to English
+ ...
Same here. And Trados 2022 is not better Apr 11, 2023

Trados has always been the most unstable piece of software on every PC I had, since the very beginning. One of the reasons is that the developer(s) keep adding newer modules on top of older ones instead of cleaning the interface, removing unneeded features and 90's style pop-ups on hovering with the mouse cursor, etc. Other reasons are the old 32 bit coding and it's full reliance on Microscoft Office and .Net framework, so it crashes each time Windows decides to update or do something in the bac... See more
Trados has always been the most unstable piece of software on every PC I had, since the very beginning. One of the reasons is that the developer(s) keep adding newer modules on top of older ones instead of cleaning the interface, removing unneeded features and 90's style pop-ups on hovering with the mouse cursor, etc. Other reasons are the old 32 bit coding and it's full reliance on Microscoft Office and .Net framework, so it crashes each time Windows decides to update or do something in the background. I would not call the software junk or crap because it isn't but it is truly annoying, slow and has primitive QA features compared to other CAT software. I wish it improves one day.Collapse

Christopher Tabisz
Christopher Tabisz
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Just here to confirm - TRADOS SDL 2022 is the worst piece of software I have ever paid for Sep 22, 2023

I am running Trados SDL 2022 on a water-cooled i7 desktop workstation with 32gb of 3000Mhz RAM from an M2 Pro SSD and it still crashes all the time. Somehow I can edit 4k video and run a VR headset but text editing software is too much??

I have tried all the tips in this forum and I cannot get through a single session without instant crash to desktop. No doubt, that one kid will tell me its all my fault and "hactually" I don't need all the features I paid good money for. Probably if
... See more
I am running Trados SDL 2022 on a water-cooled i7 desktop workstation with 32gb of 3000Mhz RAM from an M2 Pro SSD and it still crashes all the time. Somehow I can edit 4k video and run a VR headset but text editing software is too much??

I have tried all the tips in this forum and I cannot get through a single session without instant crash to desktop. No doubt, that one kid will tell me its all my fault and "hactually" I don't need all the features I paid good money for. Probably if I disable every module in it until its basically notepad then it will work. I guess some people simply accept corporate shafting better than others. The fact that this software costs nearly $1000 dollars and has non-existent support without a separate purchase is nuts.

I used to hate on Adobe but SDL has taken instability and inept customer support to a whole new level. Every update I hope things will improve but the main issues persist. This software and its janky UI is stuck in the late 90's and I'm surprised there is anyone who isn't employed by them still standing up for it. If my clients didn't require it I would immediately uninstall this relic.

[Edited at 2023-09-22 00:58 GMT]
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2021 very unstable

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »