Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
(352575064) can't process rtf format (when select Translate...or Analyse)
Thread poster: ahmadwadan.com
One more possible solution! May 18, 2012

I had the same problem with an English text made by Chinese. I just cleaned up format and chose the Times New Roman. And now everything is okay.

aschmiede (X)
aschmiede (X)
Türkiye
Local time: 10:13
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thanks so much Feb 28, 2013

mbtridiom wrote:

Hi I had the same problem this morning with a file as I couldn't manage to analyse it and kept on getting that same error (352575064).

What I did was this.
I opened the file.
Saved it as RTF.
Went to track changes (menu Tools). Accepted ALL changes.
Saved files back as aword files.
Then I analysed it and it worked!

Some clients use it and track changes and trados always give problems!

Regards

Marta Bernar

It works! You saved my life

Alekos Psimikakis
Alekos Psimikakis  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
English to Greek
+ ...
(352575336): Can't process RTF format Sep 20, 2017

[quote]jyconte wrote:

Ahmad Wadan wrote:

You probably have Kaspersky or an antivirus that have to be configured so the workbench is a trusted application.

Jean-Yves

Ahmad, I can see that you like science fiction or maybe conspiracy theories (Kaspersky, antivirus ...). It's OK, but please don't spread them around!

I debugged the issue, converting a DOC file I have been sent (and which Trados Workbench refused to analyze, issueing the above error) to RTF, and I found in it a huge section called "themedata".(This is invisible to the user, except for a long thin line on the top line (as in tracking changes, only that tracking changes was OFF), which cannot be erased. I copied the whole document below the top line to a new document and Trados analyzed it w/o problem.

The "morale" of the story: Do some debugging before resorting to imaginative reasons and sience fiction.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(352575064) can't process rtf format (when select Translate...or Analyse)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »