Thread poster: Isanie Pino
Isanie Pino
Isanie Pino
Argentina
Local time: 06:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 2, 2020

Hello, everyone. I hope you're healthy and keeping safe in your part of the world. I was wondering if anyone know of any open-source solution to create timed-text scripts for dubbing. I do own a subtitling software (EZTitles), but the dubbing program I use is a license I borrow from a colleague as any dubbing job comes up. Sadly, my colleague has decided not to renew the license, so I am looking for open-source options or even affordable ones. EZTitles is great for subtitlers, but if you need to... See more
Hello, everyone. I hope you're healthy and keeping safe in your part of the world. I was wondering if anyone know of any open-source solution to create timed-text scripts for dubbing. I do own a subtitling software (EZTitles), but the dubbing program I use is a license I borrow from a colleague as any dubbing job comes up. Sadly, my colleague has decided not to renew the license, so I am looking for open-source options or even affordable ones. EZTitles is great for subtitlers, but if you need to adapt a script for dubbing it really isn't great at all. Thank you!Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:23
English to Russian
Aegisub Nov 3, 2020

http://www.aegisub.org/#:~:text=Aegisub%20is%20a%20free,%20cross,in%20real-time%20video%20preview.

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:23
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ooona's Transcribe Nov 3, 2020

Hi,

Ooona has a software called "Transcribe". You can take a look and free trial for upto 30-40 lines, I guess. It's not free, $60 per month but you can subscribe monthly, when you need it. I couldn't find any free script writing software, thou. You can export ABDL (As-broadcast Dialog List) or any other dialogue format. I hope it helps...
See more
Hi,

Ooona has a software called "Transcribe". You can take a look and free trial for upto 30-40 lines, I guess. It's not free, $60 per month but you can subscribe monthly, when you need it. I couldn't find any free script writing software, thou. You can export ABDL (As-broadcast Dialog List) or any other dialogue format. I hope it helps

https://shop.ooona.net/ooona-tools/

[Edited at 2020-11-03 11:42 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open source dubbing software?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »