Aspena
Aspena
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:02
German to Czech
+ ...
Feb 14, 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering, if anyone have a pre-defined dtd settings (for Trados TagEditor)for PHP files.

I know PHP is very complex language, anyway I suppose there must be someone already dealing with this.

If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Michal.

SysfilterMaker
SysfilterMaker
Germany
PHP --> Tag Editor Feb 14, 2005

Hi Michal,

PHP files can be opened and translated with TagEditor (6.5).

You don't need an other ini file. Trados say it works with php files.

PHP is a nice and easy to understand language

Regards

W. Polmann
www.ecm-e.de

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Not so sure how well TagEditor does the job Feb 11, 2007

In my test (Trados 7.1) it failed to see the translatable string of the famous "hello world" example
[spaces added in order for this page to display correctly the script]

< ? php
echo 'Hello, World!';
? >

[Edited at 2007-02-11 12:19]

Heiko Schmieder (X)
Heiko Schmieder (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Edit PHP files with Trados (Studio or TagEditor) Issue Nov 19, 2010

I got the same issue that Trados kind of changes code within php files. I tried it with Studio and with TagEditor - every time the PHP was 'damaged' after saving. Example:

Original
$bgClass=($bgClass=="even"?"odd":"even");

After saving with Trados [php code was not touched - only html content]
$bgClass= ($bg Class==& quot; even& quot; ?& quot; odd &qu ot; :& qu ot;eve n& quot;);

I never had problems with translating strings in txt
... See more
I got the same issue that Trados kind of changes code within php files. I tried it with Studio and with TagEditor - every time the PHP was 'damaged' after saving. Example:

Original
$bgClass=($bgClass=="even"?"odd":"even");

After saving with Trados [php code was not touched - only html content]
$bgClass= ($bg Class==& quot; even& quot; ?& quot; odd &qu ot; :& qu ot;eve n& quot;);

I never had problems with translating strings in txt / loc in any file type - but I don't know why Trados changes php code without even opening the coding lines...

Anyone has a solution for that?

Why does Trados add " ? & quot"" and even changes the line formatting [summarizing several code lines into one] - I did not change any default Tag-Settings....

Thanks,

Heiko

P.S. added spaces to tag / code so its visible in forum

-----
added
I guess the solution is here http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/152210-translating_website_in_php.html - make some changes in the ini file - I try that - but even don't understand why Trados doesn't support php out of the box working properly. Mkay.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-11-19 12:19 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

php localisation: dtd settings

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »