Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 18:48
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 9, 2009

Dear colleagues,
I would like to ask about localization companies and/or agencies in Saudi Arabia? Where I can found them in Riyadh? Their rates per 1000 words? Are they interested in using freelancers?
Regards
Ahmad.

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Proz directory of translation companies May 9, 2009

Dear Ahmad,

Please look up the Proz Directory of translation companies here http://www.proz.com/translation-companies where you can specify the country of the company. You can then get in touch with them directly or look up their Blue Board records..

Outsourcers should no
... See more
Dear Ahmad,

Please look up the Proz Directory of translation companies here http://www.proz.com/translation-companies where you can specify the country of the company. You can then get in touch with them directly or look up their Blue Board records..

Outsourcers should not be specifically discussed on the forums ( http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8 "Outsourcers may not be discussed specifically. Posts or comments regarding a specific outsourcer (identified by name, reference, link or other means), whether positive or negative, are not permitted. (To indicate their likelihood of working again with a given outsourcer, site users should use the ProZ.com Blue Board.)")

Thanks!

[Edited at 2009-05-09 08:12 GMT]
Collapse

Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ
Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 18:48
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re:ProZ.com directory of translation companies May 9, 2009

Dear Nesrin,
I'm sorry for this, but I'm not intending to talk about outsourcers. Also I know the link you referred to concerning outsourcers and I found that most of those outsourcers are working from home (i.e. not real agencies). Again I'm sorry but let me know where I can discuss such matter?

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
No direct mention of agencies/outsourcers May 9, 2009

Hi Ahmad,

Sorry for the late reply..
You're welcome to talk about translation companies' practice in general in Saudi Arabia, without referring to specific agencies.
I suppose Proz colleagues can get in touch with you directly with their experience with such agencies.
I'm sure if there are any large companies they would be registered here on Proz and you would find a Blue Board record for them.

[Edited at 2009-05-09 16:19 GMT]

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 08:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Matktebat Al-Obeikan Publishers in Riyadh May 11, 2009

Greetings.... ya hallal wa mi'at halla...

You might contact the good people at Matktebat Al-Obeikan Publishers in al-Riyadh. Al-Obeikan operates an active and large translation department.

Another possible source of information about the translation industry in the kingdom is the Jarir bookstore chain, which is also headquartered in al-Riyadh. The main Jarir store is on al-Olaya Street in the "new downtown" area of al-Riyadh.

Hope this helps.

K
... See more
Greetings.... ya hallal wa mi'at halla...

You might contact the good people at Matktebat Al-Obeikan Publishers in al-Riyadh. Al-Obeikan operates an active and large translation department.

Another possible source of information about the translation industry in the kingdom is the Jarir bookstore chain, which is also headquartered in al-Riyadh. The main Jarir store is on al-Olaya Street in the "new downtown" area of al-Riyadh.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
(Al-Riyadh, 2006-2007)

[Edited at 2009-05-11 00:46 GMT]
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 08:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
Al-Obeikan main store off King Fahd Expressway May 14, 2009

Greetings again... yaa halla wa mi'at halla...

The main (I think) store for Al-Obeikan is located on a street parallel to the King Fahd Expressway. If not, the helpful staff there can direct you to the firm's main office if that is located elsewhere. That store's large sign should be visible from the expressway. [It's not far from the Jarir main store on Olaya Street.]

Based on my comparison of the number of translated titles displayed in local outlets of both chains, A
... See more
Greetings again... yaa halla wa mi'at halla...

The main (I think) store for Al-Obeikan is located on a street parallel to the King Fahd Expressway. If not, the helpful staff there can direct you to the firm's main office if that is located elsewhere. That store's large sign should be visible from the expressway. [It's not far from the Jarir main store on Olaya Street.]

Based on my comparison of the number of translated titles displayed in local outlets of both chains, Al-Obeikan operates a larger translation department than does Jarir.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

[Edited at 2009-05-14 15:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-14 15:28 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Localization in Saudi Arabia

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »