Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Off topic: An old song
Thread poster: Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Mar 8, 2005

I remember hearing a somewhat lengthy, slow-paced, soulful song, sung by a female voice, accompanied by a lot of strings, with the opening words:

أي صوت خالد الإيقاع عذب النغمات

I hardly remember any other line. The last time I heard the song on radio was in 1985.

I would like to know who wrote the words and the music, and who that female voice was. Is she still alive? And where is she from? I would also appreciate it if anybody ca
... See more
I remember hearing a somewhat lengthy, slow-paced, soulful song, sung by a female voice, accompanied by a lot of strings, with the opening words:

I hardly remember any other line. The last time I heard the song on radio was in 1985.

I would like to know who wrote the words and the music, and who that female voice was. Is she still alive? And where is she from? I would also appreciate it if anybody can provide me witht the complete lyrics to this song. If a recording can be located, I will be happy to pay for it. Thank yo very much.
Collapse

Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 06:53
English to Arabic
+ ...
try Zeryab's forum Mar 20, 2005

Hello,
I haven't heard of this song before. I think you could get some helpful answers if you posted your inquiry at Zeryab's classical music forum
http://www.4allofus.net/zeryab/index.php
or by checking their website content http://www.zeryab.com/

Hope this helps!

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am giving it a try Mar 20, 2005

I have taken the plunge and posted the question on that forum, hoping to prove to myself that I didn't dream this song up. Thank you, Randa, for your suggestion.

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So far, so bad Mar 22, 2005

Randa F wrote:

I think you could get some helpful answers if you posted your inquiry at Zeryab's classical music forum

Zeryab has proven useless. I posted two questions yesterday. Not only did I receive no responses, but my questions are no where to be found today. No explanation was sent to me about the fate of my questions.

Thank you for your suggestion, anyway, and I will keep searching.

Randa Farhat
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
try the members sections! Mar 22, 2005

your question is posted under the moderators' suggestions. why not posting it in the members' corner or classic arabic songs corner!

http://www.4allofus.net/zeryab/forumdisplay.php?f=17

do you remember anything else about the song that could help?

[Edited at 2005-03-22 18:45]

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My mistake Mar 22, 2005

Randa F wrote:

your question is posted under the moderators' suggestions.

Thank you for alerting me. I obviously had no idea what I was doing. I have reposted the question, so let us see.

I remember the opening melody line, and I can write it down if that would trigger anybody's memory, but I doubt it.

A few other words that linger in the crevices of my senescent mind:

طاف كالبشرى
something or another
وسرى كالأغنيات

Somewhere in the middle of the song, a section in an improvisatory style begins

أيها الليل اتئد

The rest is pretty foggy.

[Edited at 2005-03-23 08:10]

Randa Farhat
Lebanon
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nazek - المطربة نازك Mar 23, 2005

hello Fuad,
a friend of mine suggested this could be a song by 'Nazek' (of the 50's) who sings
كل دقة في قلبي
and
ماتقولش كنا وكان

وغنت من ألحان السنباطي والقصبجي ومحمد فوزي

i found very l
... See more
hello Fuad,
a friend of mine suggested this could be a song by 'Nazek' (of the 50's) who sings
كل دقة في قلبي
and
ماتقولش كنا وكان

وغنت من ألحان السنباطي والقصبجي ومحمد فوزي

i found very little info on the web
http://www.waziza.com/musicians.htm
http://www.libyajeel.com/articles/030704.htm (suggesting Nazek was a Lebanese singer of a Libyan origin)
http://www.4allofus.net/zeryab/showthread.php?t=571

وغنت كلمات لرشاد الهوني
http://www.libyaforum.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1035&Itemid=155

hope this very little could lead you to the song in question.
regards!
Collapse

Ouadoud
Ouadoud  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mayyadi/Chabbi.. Mar 24, 2005

Fuad Yahya wrote:

I would like to know who wrote the words and the music, and who that female voice was. Is she still alive? And where is she from? I would also appreciate it if anybody can provide me witht the complete lyrics to this song. If a recording can be located, I will be happy to pay for it. Thank yo very much.

Salaam Fuad,

When I read your post, 2 names came immediately in mind, one suggested by the rythm, the other a song I loved..

The song I appreciate is Mayyada Hannawee's (is it her?)

هتف الصبح وغنى بنشيد
رائع اللحن شجي النغمات

كالمنى..

But the rythm and the spleen perhaps, suggested Abulkacem Chabbi, but a thorougful look to his works, did not help, I looked in all his verses ending with T

قافية التاء

But the words are not his.

I just thought to post a couple of his verses, singing his beloved in his famous:

صلوات في هيكل الحب

عذبة أنت كالطفولة، كالأحلام، كاللحن، كالصباح الجديد
كالسماء الضحوك، كالليلة القمراء، كالورد، كابتسام الوليد
كل شيئ موقع فيك، حتى لفحة الجيد واهتزاز النهود
It ends:
وحرام عليك أن تهدمي ما شاده الحسن في الفؤاد العميد
وحرام عليك أن تسحقي آمال نفس تصبو لعيش رغيد
منك ترجو سعادة لم تجدها في حياة الورى وسحر الوجود
فالإلاه العظيم لا يرجم العبد إذا كان في جلال السجود

Good luck
Ouadoud

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Could it be سعاد محمد? Mar 24, 2005

Randa F wrote:

this could be a song by 'Nazek' (of the 50's)

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to think it was سعاد محمد. The song was very much in the style of رياض السـنباطي

One thing I am puzzled about is that I only heard the song on Radio Kuwait. The reason may have been that the programmers had good taste.

I will continue searching.

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mayyada is too young to be the one Mar 24, 2005

Ouadoud wrote:

The song I appreciate is Mayyada Hannawee's (is it her?)

هتف الصبح وغنى بنشيد
رائع اللحن شجي النغمات

كالمنى..

Ouadoud

The song you are referring to is أشواق by رياض السـنباطي, which was revived by ميادة الحناوي. Too bad they don't allow attaching files here, because I have this song in an mp3 file.

In any case, ميادة الحناوي is far too young to have been the singer. It was someone who flourished probably around the time ميادة الحناوي was born.

But it is interesting that you mention أبو القاسم الشابي, because it is quite possible that the singer was the same singer who sang إرادة الحياة. Do you remember who it was by any chance?

Ouadoud
Ouadoud  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
الشابي Apr 19, 2005

I didn' find out

nevertheless, it may be refreshing to have a look at some of Chabbi's poems:

http://thaqafa.sakhr.com/ketab/pages.asp?Lnk=Abo%20Alkasm/a011.xml

Salaam,
Ouadoud

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fantastic website Apr 21, 2005

One of the richest I have seen. Many thanks.

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try sawari May 21, 2005

Hi Fuad, I hope I'm not too late, try the link below, it has 100s of Arabic Oldies.

http://www.sawari.com/

Good Luck

Fuad Yahya
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How? May 21, 2005

Mumtaz wrote:

Try sawari

I have visited this website, but I do not see a way to search for what I need based on a few words in the lyric. In fact, I have googled all the words I remember, hoping to at least find the poem somewhere, but nothing turned up. That is why I have resorted to asking real people, rather than databases, just in case someone has heard the song. I am sure many have heard it, but it is the kind of song that either makes an indelible impression or completely slips by like background noise.

Maestro1900
Maestro1900
Arabic to French
Birlanti Hasan May 27, 2005

Fuad Yahya wrote:

Hi there..
This beautiful song is song by a female Egyptian singer whose name is Birlanti Hasan. The author is Mustafa Abderrahman, died in 1992. The composer is Fuad Hilmi, still alive. He lives in Cairo. Birlanti died a long time ago. She was young when she died. She has a dozen of beautiful songs, one of them the one mentioned in your question.. She sings it in 10 minutes & 10 seconds.
Bye.. Take care...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An old song

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »