Paradox database files - any experience?
Thread poster: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:46
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2006

Hi all,

I've just found out that some files we received from a client are in Paradox database format.

The client tells us to do the translation in DB Commander. I've learnt by Hynek and Vito (http://www.proz.com/topic/51988) that I can export the text of the database with DBC, translate it with Trados or similar, and re-import it again using DBC.

Is this the best w
... See more
Hi all,

I've just found out that some files we received from a client are in Paradox database format.

The client tells us to do the translation in DB Commander. I've learnt by Hynek and Vito (http://www.proz.com/topic/51988) that I can export the text of the database with DBC, translate it with Trados or similar, and re-import it again using DBC.

Is this the best way to do it, or do you know of any CAT tool that supports the Paradox files natively?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 22:46
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
side remark Jul 26, 2006

you will need something going from and into Paradox files. Microsoft Access can read them. but I doubt very much that it creates them as well...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paradox database files - any experience?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »