Thread poster: David Jessop
David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2010

Hello...

I imagine this is an easy Excel question for someone who knows. I have a date field in my Excel accounting field and now instead of the date I see ########. This seems to have occurred randomly. I know that the dates are not lost because if I hover my mouse over the cells, the dates appear in a floating box; also, if I copy the text and paste it into another application, the dates appear rather than the #######. Thanks for any help on solving this!

Best wishes,
... See more
Hello...

I imagine this is an easy Excel question for someone who knows. I have a date field in my Excel accounting field and now instead of the date I see ########. This seems to have occurred randomly. I know that the dates are not lost because if I hover my mouse over the cells, the dates appear in a floating box; also, if I copy the text and paste it into another application, the dates appear rather than the #######. Thanks for any help on solving this!

Best wishes,
David
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:56
French to German
+ ...
Your cells are not wide enough... EOM Jan 29, 2010

... and Excel will display these # to show that there is content in such cells, but that it cannot be shown in full.

[Edited at 2010-01-29 21:33 GMT]

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fool :-) Jan 29, 2010

Thanks ScottishWildCat, don't I feel like a fool now.

Saludos.

David

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
German to Spanish
+ ...
Excel 2007: Why do I see ########?" Jan 29, 2010

David Jessop wrote:

Thanks ScottishWildCat, don't I feel like a fool now.

Saludos.

David

Basic motive for this is the one mentioned above by ScottishWildcat, but they may exist some others. One of them is that an operation result lands in a previously wrong formatted cell, like a number in a cell defined for dates.

[Editado a las 2010-01-29 21:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel 2007: Why do I see ########?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »