Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:05
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2013

I recently completed a large editing project in MS PowerPoint. It would have been nice to be able to track changes, like in MS Word. As far as I know this feature is not possible. The only thing that I was able to do was to have the original file open on one monitor and the edited version open on another computer.

So I would like to know if anyone has any type of solution to this problem. Are there any utilities or add-on options for PowerPoint that make it possible to track changes
... See more
I recently completed a large editing project in MS PowerPoint. It would have been nice to be able to track changes, like in MS Word. As far as I know this feature is not possible. The only thing that I was able to do was to have the original file open on one monitor and the edited version open on another computer.

So I would like to know if anyone has any type of solution to this problem. Are there any utilities or add-on options for PowerPoint that make it possible to track changes? What do we do if the client needs to see the changes that have been made?

Thanks,

Sarah
Collapse

Javier Wasserzug
Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
export? Apr 26, 2013

I do not know, but maybe you could export the PPT and save it in a format where you can compare the two??

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
CAT tool? Apr 26, 2013

A CAT tool with change tracking mode (Studio 2011, not sure about others) would let you do that, albeit outside of the ppt environment.

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
highlight Apr 26, 2013

Until you get the high tech answer you are seeking, I will mention what I did when editing for a client: I highlighted the changed words with a simple code -- pink highlight for deleted and green for added or similar. It was all I knew how to do, and we did several different jobs like that. Meanwhile, Good luck!

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Apr 26, 2013

Thank you for your help. Thanks for your idea of using a CAT tool Rudolf but this was an editing project, not translation so I am not sure a CAT tool would be helpful in this case.

I appreciate the advice. It's too bad that Microsoft hasn't invented a "track changes" feature for PowerPoint like they have in Word. Such a feature would be extremely helpful.

Phong Le
Phong Le  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 00:05
Vietnamese
+ ...
Save as to word or txt file Apr 27, 2013

Temp solution:

I saved as to word file and turn on track change and do (need to check, a few data loosed).
change and then copy back to ppt.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possibility of tracking changes in MS PowerPoint 2010

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »