Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 17:22
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

angielski > łotewski
+ ...
Nov 24, 2007

I am proofreading a word document with index which is still bilingual as it needs to be cleaned with Trados. When I received the translated document there was one line in English and under that translated line so basically English and underneath Latvian for all the index.

My knowledge of indexes is very limited. So far I have had to translate two and in both cases once you clean the document with Trados the index magically becomes translated as well. Here however when I cleaned the
... See more
I am proofreading a word document with index which is still bilingual as it needs to be cleaned with Trados. When I received the translated document there was one line in English and under that translated line so basically English and underneath Latvian for all the index.

My knowledge of indexes is very limited. So far I have had to translate two and in both cases once you clean the document with Trados the index magically becomes translated as well. Here however when I cleaned the document the index still stayed bilingual.

I am not quite sure if I have done something wrong (or not done something that I should have done) or the translator has done something wrong. The result sadly is the same - the index does not work.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me with a very simple explanation of what has gone wrong and how to repair this disaster, if possible.

Ines
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 18:22
Członek ProZ.com
angielski > węgierski
+ ...
Update index? Nov 24, 2007

I would guess you have to update the index. (Go to Help, and type "Update index".)
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed with Indexes in Word

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »