Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: In your experience, what is the most wanted field in the translation market?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
How can one tell? Mar 25

There are several ways to define "most wanted," but how could anybody tell if one person or company or field wants a translation more than somebody else would want it? I want this "very much," and somebody else might want it "really, really bad"!

Also, in one's own experience, hopefully nobody would want us to translate in some field where we don't have experience. So the answer to that could only be subjective and widely varied. Is that really what the asker wants to know? I think
... See more
There are several ways to define "most wanted," but how could anybody tell if one person or company or field wants a translation more than somebody else would want it? I want this "very much," and somebody else might want it "really, really bad"!

Also, in one's own experience, hopefully nobody would want us to translate in some field where we don't have experience. So the answer to that could only be subjective and widely varied. Is that really what the asker wants to know? I think, based on "experience," the poll questions are modified so we aren't aware of what the asker really wanted to know in the first place.

I wonder why other fields that use translation a lot were not included in the survey. Is the asker only interested in the particular ones listed, or did he not think the others are in such high demand? Maybe he had a much longer list and somebody truncated it. As some have mentioned: medical, technical, etc. Education (which in the U.S. is required by law to communicate to the parents) was also excluded.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In your experience, what is the most wanted field in the translation market?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »