Powwow: Denver,Colorado - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Denver,Colorado - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:37
English to Swedish
+ ...
Initial planning Jan 14, 2003

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to get in touch with you regarding the upcoming powwow in Denver.
Where do you live? I live in Centennial over by Southglenn Mall, and I know that Monika lives in Westminster.
Please let me know whether you would prefer to meet for lunch or dinner.I was thinking that we would have a potluck and we'd all bring something to eat, maybe something traditional from your home country.

Also, feel free to bring your family. Do any of you h
... See more
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to get in touch with you regarding the upcoming powwow in Denver.
Where do you live? I live in Centennial over by Southglenn Mall, and I know that Monika lives in Westminster.
Please let me know whether you would prefer to meet for lunch or dinner.I was thinking that we would have a potluck and we'd all bring something to eat, maybe something traditional from your home country.

Also, feel free to bring your family. Do any of you have kids besides Monika and me?
Sincerely,

Nina Olds
Denver Powwow Organizer
Collapse

Nina Engberg
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
Hosting Jan 16, 2003

It doesn't matter for me at whose place we have the Powwow. If you feel like you'd really want to have it at your house, let me know.(I don't mind being at my house, though. Don't get me wrong..)

Nina Engberg
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
Time Jan 20, 2003

Hi again,

What do you think about having the powwow at 2:00 pm?

Let me know,

Nina

jmf (X)
jmf (X)  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
2:00 Pm Jan 20, 2003

sounds good to me.

Nina Engberg
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
Getting closer Feb 7, 2003

Hello everybody,

I'm so glad to see that more people have signed up!

What I've got planned so far is that we will meet March 15th at 2:00 pm and we will meet over at my house in Centennial.
I am planning on a potluck lunch/dinner, so I anticipate getting to taste foods from many different cuisines

If you have any ideas for this powwow or if there is anything that you'd like to share wit
... See more
Hello everybody,

I'm so glad to see that more people have signed up!

What I've got planned so far is that we will meet March 15th at 2:00 pm and we will meet over at my house in Centennial.
I am planning on a potluck lunch/dinner, so I anticipate getting to taste foods from many different cuisines

If you have any ideas for this powwow or if there is anything that you'd like to share with us at the powwow, feel free to drop me a line.

Also, please email me and tell me whether or not you'll bring your family and if so, how many people are coming.

Sincerely,

Nina Olds
303-794-6364 ext.2
Collapse

Nina Engberg
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
Okay -- time for a head count. Mar 4, 2003

I need to know approximately how many are coming to the powwow, so please email me asap and tell me if it's just going to be you or if you'll bring spouse and kids!

Also, let me know what you plan on bringing for the potluck, so that we don't get one main dish and seven desserts (or vice versa)!LOL

If you prefer to call, my number is 303-794-6364. If you get the recording, just press 2 to get to my cell phone.

Looking forward to hearing from you all on the
... See more
I need to know approximately how many are coming to the powwow, so please email me asap and tell me if it's just going to be you or if you'll bring spouse and kids!

Also, let me know what you plan on bringing for the potluck, so that we don't get one main dish and seven desserts (or vice versa)!LOL

If you prefer to call, my number is 303-794-6364. If you get the recording, just press 2 to get to my cell phone.

Looking forward to hearing from you all on the 15th at 2pm. I will email you driving instructions later this week.

Nina
Collapse

Nina Engberg
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
Directions + new time Mar 13, 2003

Hi all,
Sorry to hear that Karoly and Diane can't make it, but we hope to see you some other time!

For the rest of you, here are the directions to my house. Let me know if you still have questions.
Also, I will have to move the time for our powwow to 12:00 noon since I have to leave around 5 pm and don't want to cut it too short. I hope this still works for all of you.

See you then,

Nina
303-794-6364
========================
Di
... See more
Hi all,
Sorry to hear that Karoly and Diane can't make it, but we hope to see you some other time!

For the rest of you, here are the directions to my house. Let me know if you still have questions.
Also, I will have to move the time for our powwow to 12:00 noon since I have to leave around 5 pm and don't want to cut it too short. I hope this still works for all of you.

See you then,

Nina
303-794-6364
========================
Directions to Nina’s house (1088 E Davies Ave, Centennial, CO):

If you come on C-470, get off at University and go north (right). Turn left (west) on Dry Creek and then turn right (north) on Clarkson, Go through three stop signs and then turn left (west) on the third street. Our house is the ranch style house on the corner of Clarkson and Davies.

If you come on I-25, get off at Arapahoe Rd exit and go west (right). Approximately half way between University and Broadway, take a left (south) on Clarkson (There are two Downing right before), go through the first stop sign and then take the first right (west). Our house is the ranch style house on the corner.

If you come on Santa Fe, get off at Prince (the one before Littleton Blvd), go through downtown and past Arapahoe Community College.After the cemetery, (On your right)turn left at the stop sign onto Ridge Road. Turn left at Broadway and right onto Arapahoe Road, until Clarkson (There are two Kit Carson right before)where you turn right, then follow instructions above.
===================

Okay, I hope I make sense. I'm typing with one hand with the baby sleeping in my arms..LOL Pls excuse typos etc.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Denver,Colorado - United States

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »