Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Powwow: Sheffield - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Sheffield - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Annira Silver (X)
Annira Silver (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
Finnish to English
Good to see you all... Oct 2, 2004

... thank you so much, Alexa! I stayed twice as long as I intended, & got home quite hoarse from talking for hours. I'm not used to it, as don't often talk much (apart from a few choice swear words at my computer). A good day all round!

Best wishes to all

Annira

Hacene
Hacene  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:49
English to French
+ ...
Good to see you all, and sorry for not having had the pleasure to talk with all of you Oct 2, 2004

It was a fantastic day where I met with fantastic people. I also stayed longer than I planned and didn't get the chance to speak to all. I am sorry for those I didn't speak to. I hope that we will have the pleasure to meet again and to share experience sometime in a near future, hopefullly at the next powwow.
It was a great day, organised in a nice surrounding, but the few people I had the privilege to meet and discuss with were extraordinary people with so much to teach me that that it to
... See more
It was a fantastic day where I met with fantastic people. I also stayed longer than I planned and didn't get the chance to speak to all. I am sorry for those I didn't speak to. I hope that we will have the pleasure to meet again and to share experience sometime in a near future, hopefullly at the next powwow.
It was a great day, organised in a nice surrounding, but the few people I had the privilege to meet and discuss with were extraordinary people with so much to teach me that that it totally eclipsed the charms of Sheffield.
Thank you all for this brilliant day.

Hacène
Collapse

Alexa Dubreuil
Alexa Dubreuil  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Pictures! Oct 2, 2004

Hi again!
I just uploaded a few pictures...
http://www.translation.idfp.co.uk/sheffieldpowwow.htm

Enjoy!

Alexa

John Bowden
John Bowden  Identity Verified
German to English
Thanks a lot, Alexa & Alex Oct 4, 2004

for organising such an enjoyable, relaxed meeting. It was good to meet so many "prozians" - I hope we can collaborate some time. Best wishes to all from a wind-swept Sheffield!

Wenke Geddert
Wenke Geddert
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Thanks... Oct 4, 2004

... Alexa and Alex for organising a great event! It was good to meet up with colleagues and, as I never quite managed to have a chat with everyone present, I am already looking forward to attending the next powwow!

Alexa Dubreuil
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Another Sheffield powwow next year? Oct 5, 2004

Alex and I are really glad to receive so much positive feedback about the powwow, so we have decided to organise another one next year!

This will be a good opportunity to chat with the people we didn't get to spend much time with last Saturday.

Wenke Geddert
Wenke Geddert
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Fab... Oct 5, 2004

... count me in! Also toying with the idea of setting up an event in the historic city of York...

jerrie
jerrie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Thanks Oct 5, 2004

For a lovely afternoon ... sorry I didn't get to talk to everybody .. but looks like there will be many more occasions))

Ronnie Halpern
Ronnie Halpern  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Many thanks Oct 6, 2004

to Alexa and Alex for a great afternoon. I also stayed longer than I expected. It was good to meet some old acquaintances and make new contacts too. Thanks also for the photos. Hope to see you next time.

Alexa Dubreuil
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
ID verification Oct 8, 2004

Just to let you know that I gave to Proz the names of the 8 translators who asked me to verify their IDs at the powwow. I hope this will help/speed up the process.

Has any of you heard back from Proz after sumitting your VID application?

I'm not sure how long it takes on average but keep me posted.

Alexa

Karine Piera
Karine Piera  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:49
English to French
+ ...
ID verification Oct 10, 2004

Didn't have any news about this, but I have 200 brownies more. Might be related in a way, but am not sure

Hacene
Hacene  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...

No news from the ID verification, but the 200 extra brownies are for attending the powwow.
I presume, Gian Franco is a bit busy.
However, it takes much longer than expected.
Well, let's just be patient.

What matters is that the Powwow was great.

Hacène

Alexa Dubreuil
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...

It's good to know that you got the extra 200 brownies for attending the powwow: this means that Proz took into account the list of attendees that I sent them.

If you attended the powwow but don't have those extra 200 brownies let me know - I submitted the names of all the people on my list but you never know...

About the ID verification itself I haven't had any news either despite the messages I sent to Gianfranco. I read somewhere on the site that the necessary time to
... See more
It's good to know that you got the extra 200 brownies for attending the powwow: this means that Proz took into account the list of attendees that I sent them.

If you attended the powwow but don't have those extra 200 brownies let me know - I submitted the names of all the people on my list but you never know...

About the ID verification itself I haven't had any news either despite the messages I sent to Gianfranco. I read somewhere on the site that the necessary time to valide IDs may vary but I'm going to write to the proz support team to find out if they can tell me more...
I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime if your ID verification tick appears on your profile please let me know.

Cheers

Alexa
Collapse

Alexa Dubreuil
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
My name is now in the list of people who can verify IDs! Yeah! Oct 10, 2004

Hi again

This message concerns the proz members who asked me to verify their IDs at the powwow.

I just heard back from Gianfranco Manca and he just added my name to the list on:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application

Gianfranco confirmed that he had received requests to VId from some of you but said he could not do it as he does not know you personally
... See more
Hi again

This message concerns the proz members who asked me to verify their IDs at the powwow.

I just heard back from Gianfranco Manca and he just added my name to the list on:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application

Gianfranco confirmed that he had received requests to VId from some of you but said he could not do it as he does not know you personally.

If you now select my name instead of Gianfranco's, I will receive a notification and will be able to activate the VID mark in your ProZ.com profile.

So... I'm afraid you have to fill a new aplication form and select my name.

The good thing is that once I receive the notification I will validate your request within a day.

Sorry about this - not much I could do about it really but hopefully all this will be sorted out really soon

Alexa
Collapse

Petra Davies
Petra Davies
German to English
Verification of IDs Oct 11, 2004

Dear Alexa

Many thanks for arranging the pow-wow. I met some great people and gleaned some useful info. Have tried filling in a new application form but, once submitted, it stated "application already submitted", which I presume means that it is not going to override the original submission. Please advise as to next course of action!

Many thanks
Petra Davies

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Sheffield - United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »