Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 29, 2011

Hi

I'm using TO3000 for invoicing my clients and I would like to add a couple of fields to the invoice template, namely:

1) Job # (which is in fact, different to the PO #)
2) Project manager's email.

Is it possible to do that? BTW I included "Job #" as the "Client Ref" in "Client Jobs, and the email of the PM is in the "Contacts" list.

-------------------------
Also, I want the name of the invoice to be preceeded by a my own invoi
... See more
Hi

I'm using TO3000 for invoicing my clients and I would like to add a couple of fields to the invoice template, namely:

1) Job # (which is in fact, different to the PO #)
2) Project manager's email.

Is it possible to do that? BTW I included "Job #" as the "Client Ref" in "Client Jobs, and the email of the PM is in the "Contacts" list.

-------------------------
Also, I want the name of the invoice to be preceeded by a my own invoicing numbers. I'm not sure if I'm clear. Let's say that the standard invoice name provided by TO3000 are
I-CLIENTAA0001
I-CLIENTAA0002
I-CLIENTAA0003

I-CLIENTBB0001
I-CLIENTBB0002

I-CLIENTAA0004

Is it possible to change that to follow the number of my old invoicing system so the invoices are numbered as followS?:
451 I-CLIENTAA0001,
152 I-CLIENTAA0002,
453 I-CLIENTAA0003
454 I-CLIENTBB0001
455 I-CLIENTBB0002

456 I-CLIENTAA0004

Thanks

Clarisa
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:01
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Answer to question 1 Sep 29, 2011

Hi Clarisa,

I know only the answer to question 1:
1) The code for job number is \DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_NAME\
2) The code for PM's email is \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL1\ (providing that the email address is taken from the "email 1" field

What about your question #2, I would be also interested in knowing the answer. At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I would like to in
... See more
Hi Clarisa,

I know only the answer to question 1:
2) The code for PM's email is \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL1\ (providing that the email address is taken from the "email 1" field

What about your question #2, I would be also interested in knowing the answer. At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I would like to invite you to this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/202627 - maybe you would have some more suggestions.

Natalia

[Edited at 2011-09-29 23:41 GMT]
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Sep 30, 2011

Natalie wrote:

I've already modified the template! I assume that if you need to use the field "email 2" you should use \CONTACT_NAME\ \CONTACT_EMAIL2\

Where can I find further info regarding field?

Natalie wrote:

At present I change invoice numbers manually in Word, before converting them to PDFs, which is rather unefficient.

I'm doing the same thing.

Natalie wrote:

I would like to invite you to this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/202627 - maybe you would have some more suggestions.

Natalia

I will visit it.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
invoice codes Sep 30, 2011

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Is it possible to change that to follow the number of my old invoicing system so the invoices are numbered as followS?:

I've only been using TO3000 for a few months, so when I started, I chose Global Code in the Advanced Settings and I also entered the number I wanted to use from my old invoicing system under "Next Codes". You can also add a prefix and suffix to the number, which can be invariable text or variable YYYY, MM or DD.

HTH.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
--- Sep 30, 2011

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Hi Clarisa, I have found this info somewhere in the help, don;t remember exactly at the moment. I'll add more info later on.

Natalia

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 1, 2011

Natalie wrote:

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Hi Clarisa, I have found this info somewhere in the help, don;t remember exactly at the moment. I'll add more info later on.

Natalia

Browsing the Web with the codes you provided me, I found that info here: http://www.to3000.com/Documentation/RTFTemplatesGuide.pdf

Emma wrote:
I chose Global Code in the Advanced Settings and I also entered the number I wanted to use from my old invoicing system under "Next Codes".

You helped me a lot!

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2011-10-01 16:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modifing a template in TO3000: 2 questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »