Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages ".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ikram Mahyuddin
Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
印度尼西亚
Local time: 09:04
English英语译成Indonesian印度尼西亚语
+ ...
Including Indonesian, I hope Nov 27, 2011

Since I think there's a lot of Harry Potter's fans here in Indonesia.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
荷兰
Local time: 04:04
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Afrikaans南非语
+ ...
Very misleading title Nov 27, 2011

The collection is here:
http://arts.ucalgary.ca/lrc/home/celebrating-multilingualism-through-harry-potter/harry-potter-editions

What they've done is to get screenshots of the front cover of the first HP book in 70 languages, and then have a native speaker read the first few paragraphs in MP3 format. That's it. Not
... See more
The collection is here:
http://arts.ucalgary.ca/lrc/home/celebrating-multilingualism-through-harry-potter/harry-potter-editions

What they've done is to get screenshots of the front cover of the first HP book in 70 languages, and then have a native speaker read the first few paragraphs in MP3 format. That's it. Nothing more.

Also, they don't mention the names of the voice artists -- I can hear the Afrikaans guy is a native speaker (probably from Pretoria in South Africa, judging by his lack of articulation), but I'm sure he must have been on drugs, and I don't think he had ever read HP in Afrikaans until the moment that he sat down behind the microphone. Come to think of it, it's probably a good thing he's anonymous.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »