Fargoer
Fargoer
Canada
Local time: 12:33
English to Chinese
倾斜 May 18, 2014

Loise wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

其实,合同中之所以使用“reasonable ” 这样的措辞,就是要规避繁琐的举证责任。也就是说,只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,我就有权中止合作。无需给出确凿无疑的证据。这是对控方有利的一种措辞。

这就是这句话让我皱眉头的地方了,我想象自己是签合同的一方:只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止合作。分明是让“我”占便宜的条款。若换了位置:只要对方可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止与我的合作——那我得好好地考虑是否同意这样的条款,是否要请求换个字眼。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 09:37 GMT]

合同保护交易双方的利益,双方权利应该平等。但现实中保护买家的利益和保护卖家的利益困难程度有很大差别。对于卖家来讲,只要按时收到货款就万事大吉。但买家的利益则有很多晦暗不清的地方。货品质量的辨别需要一定的时间和条件。所以合同上向买家偏斜往往是必要的,卖家也心甘情愿。譬如,我们在商店买电器,商家会做出一定期限内无理由退货的承诺。这似乎对商家不公平。但商家也情愿这样做,因为消费者利益得到充分保障,买得放心,才会放心地买。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:54 GMT]

Loise
Loise
France
Local time: 20:33
French to Chinese
+ ...
同意:) May 18, 2014

Fargoer wrote:

Loise wrote:

Fargoer wrote:

其实,合同中之所以使用“reasonable ” 这样的措辞,就是要规避繁琐的举证责任。也就是说,只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,我就有权中止合作。无需给出确凿无疑的证据。这是对控方有利的一种措辞。

这就是这句话让我皱眉头的地方了,我想象自己是签合同的一方:只要我可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止合作。分明是让“我”占便宜的条款。若换了位置:只要对方可以合理推断存在这样的风险,就有权中止与我的合作——那我得好好地考虑是否同意这样的条款,是否要请求换个字眼。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 09:37 GMT]

合同保护交易双方的利益,双方权利应该平等。但现实中保护买家的利益和保护卖家的利益困难程度有很大差别。对于卖家来讲,只要按时收到货款就万事大吉。但买家的利益则有很多晦暗不清的地方。货品质量的辨别需要一定的时间和条件。所以合同上向买家偏斜往往是必要的,卖家也心甘情愿。譬如,我们在商店买电器,商家会做出一定期限内无理由退货的承诺。这似乎对商家不公平。但商家也情愿这样做,因为消费者利益得到充分保障,买得放心,才会放心地买。

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:54 GMT]

Alan Wang
Alan Wang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That explains a lot. May 18, 2014

Thanks for the link.
But I did not come up with such a wording. I told the client that I think "postal decision" is short for a decision reached by postal vote, and i have translated accordingly. (以邮寄投票方式作出决议).
"so the postal procedure was not initiated", 只是译为“未启动相关程序”。

汉语中,相关这两个字真的很方便,适当用用有好处。只要不像那些同声传译大神那样,使用的过多,以至于一句话
... See more
Thanks for the link.
But I did not come up with such a wording. I told the client that I think "postal decision" is short for a decision reached by postal vote, and i have translated accordingly. (以邮寄投票方式作出决议).
"so the postal procedure was not initiated", 只是译为“未启动相关程序”。

汉语中,相关这两个字真的很方便,适当用用有好处。只要不像那些同声传译大神那样,使用的过多,以至于一句话中,除了这两个字,几乎听不出其他意思。

Fargoer wrote:
根据您给出的上下文,我猜这里的“postal decision” 是“信函决定书(或裁定书)”,而“postal precedure”是“函告程序”(大概是起草决定书、送交邮局投递、存档备案等程序吧?)。

参考下面链接中关于“postal decision”的说明。

http://www.patas.gov.uk/tmaadjudicators/tmayourhearing.htm

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-05-18 11:26 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation is approximation by guesstimation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »