Powwow: Cheltenham?? - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Cheltenham?? - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Yeradi
Yeradi
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Photographer Mar 31, 2003

This will be my first Pow Wow meeting, if you already have a photographer please let me know, I probably can help with something else.

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
London-Cheltenham Apr 2, 2003

Hi Yeradi,

Cheltenham is a couple of hours out of London. There's a decent rail connection from Paddington or a pretty direct motorway link.

Have a look at http://www.visitcheltenham.com/ if you'd like to know more about the place!

Daniela Innocente
Daniela Innocente
English to Spanish
+ ...
organizer? May 3, 2003

anyone brave enough to be in charge, yet?
any suggestions reg. subjects?
sorry... am i being to anxious? never been in one and i'm not quite sure what to do...

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Organising ... May 6, 2003

I'd say the easiest thing is not to do too much organisation! Just meet up somewhere in town for a meal and/or drink and take it from there.

It's not actually far off now, do you think it's worth putting the date back a little - I just picked it out of the blue to begin with!

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Forgot to mention ... May 6, 2003

I can have my ProZ.com VIDding had on as well. Which means I have the power to give anybody that little black tick on their profile! Just need some form of ID

Daniela Innocente
Daniela Innocente
English to Spanish
+ ...
place? May 12, 2003

meeting somewhere in town sounds great... i live in farnham and will be using public transport, so anywhere near a bus or a train station would do.
Does anyone know the place, to suggest somewhere?

Daniela Innocente
Daniela Innocente
English to Spanish
+ ...
is it still on? May 23, 2003

hi there... isn't it getting a little bit too close to the day?
how about keeping it simple, meeting in a cafe or something?
don't know the place, though... any suggestions??

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Changing the date? May 23, 2003

I picked the date out of the blue ages ago and I think I thought it was a Saturday! I now notice it's on a Friday ... which isn't great!

I can't find any way of changing the date - maybe putting it back a little until we can actually organise something more concrete.

Cheltenham is not great in terms of public transport, inasmuch as the railway station is miles out of the town centre and there's really not much in the area around the station.

Anyone have any
... See more
I picked the date out of the blue ages ago and I think I thought it was a Saturday! I now notice it's on a Friday ... which isn't great!

I can't find any way of changing the date - maybe putting it back a little until we can actually organise something more concrete.

Cheltenham is not great in terms of public transport, inasmuch as the railway station is miles out of the town centre and there's really not much in the area around the station.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Collapse

lafresita (X)
lafresita (X)
United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
date change May 23, 2003

What about any Satarday after the 9th of August?

JabTrad
JabTrad  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Date change May 28, 2003

A date change definitely seems wise at this stage.
July may be best, as that seems to be the quietest month for work.
Cheltenham sounds a good location, but I only know the racecourse, afraid I can't suggest anywhere to hold it!

Fiona Busfield
Fiona Busfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Oops! Jul 18, 2003

Sorry people. I have been sooo busy I completely forgot about the powwow thing! My in-laws live just outside Cheltenham and they know the place pretty well so I'll see if they can suggest somewhere and then maybe we can start all over again with a new date? Alternatively, I'm in Bristol if anyone fancies a change of location - but then I'm biased!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Cheltenham?? - United Kingdom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »