This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
I enjoy the polls and check them daily. I don’t mind at all when they shy away from professional subject matters, from time to time I just want to have some fun. It’s kind of an ice-breaker. That’s why I have been a ‘frequent flyer’ since 2007. It’s a light yet interesting way of finding out what my peers think about a lot of questions and how they react. I’ve occasionally suggested new poll topics.
Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Philip Lees
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Lieven Malaise Белгија Local time: 12:32 Член (2020) француски на холандски + ...
Less and less interested
Sep 22
The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terribl... See more
The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terrible waste of time).
The polls I'm still interested in are about translators' income and workload and about real technological developments in the translation field. ▲ Collapse
Yaotl Altan
Michael Newton
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Jennifer Levey Чиле Local time: 07:32 шпански на англиски + ...
Precious little
Sep 22
But there are times when 'precious little' goes a long way to filling a gap in life's daily routine.
Like while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for my breakfast coffee, without which the 'daily routine' never really gets off the ground.
JL
writeaway
Philip Lees
Francesca Grandinetti
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Cilian O'Tuama Германија Local time: 12:32 германски на англиски + ...
What are "ProZ.com Next" polls?
Sep 22
The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?
Philip Lees
Maria Laura Curzi
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Le Zhang Кина Local time: 18:32 Член (2021) англиски на кинески + ...
Relevant
Sep 23
I'd like the topics to be more relevant to a translator or interpreter's life and work. Many polls don't look like they are posed by people who have a true knowledge about the profession.
Zea_Mays
Maria Laura Curzi
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Philip Lees Грција Local time: 13:32 грчки на англиски
Same question
Sep 23
Cilian O'Tuama wrote:
The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?
I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.
Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Lieven Malaise Белгија Local time: 12:32 Член (2020) француски на холандски + ...
New website
Sep 23
Philip Lees wrote:
I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.
Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?
I believe "Proz.com Next" is the name of the new website. I've seen it show up somewhere, but I don't remember where exactly.
EDIT: there's a button "New ProZ.com" on the homepage. If you hover over it another button appears: "Switch to Proz/Next". It's all a bit unclear.
[Bijgewerkt op 2026-09-23 06:40 GMT]
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio
Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.