Thread poster: Barbara Ferro
Barbara Ferro
Barbara Ferro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:39
German to Italian
+ ...
May 16, 2012

I have is Across Personal Edition - Stanby Client 5.00.0SP1_F and today I downloaded the Patch H.
I'm trying to import a CWU file but I have a problem.
I followed all the Retrieve Task Wizard procedure, but I dont' manage to import the file. The retrieval progress is always working and even after a lot of time, it doesn't stop and import the file.
What can I do to solve this problem?

Letitia E. Lazar
Letitia E. Lazar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:39
English to Romanian
+ ...
Standby Remote client May 17, 2012

For importing a cwu file, you need to use the module "Standby Remote Client". With Standalone Personal Edition module (the "offline" module) is unlikely to be able to open the cwu file provided by the client.

Also, probably the client sent a *.cap file, which contains the username and credentials for accessing client's server.

Try to remove everything you have imported so far (Remove Task) and start over by first opening the *.cap file and then importing cwu with the se
... See more
For importing a cwu file, you need to use the module "Standby Remote Client". With Standalone Personal Edition module (the "offline" module) is unlikely to be able to open the cwu file provided by the client.

Also, probably the client sent a *.cap file, which contains the username and credentials for accessing client's server.

Try to remove everything you have imported so far (Remove Task) and start over by first opening the *.cap file and then importing cwu with the second option: "Import task(s) from cwu (client work unit) file. Please note that this operation might take a very long time, depending on the size of the crossTank.

Hope it will work.
Best regards,
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 04:39
Wait until it finishes May 17, 2012

If process is not showing any errors and is doing something (is progress bar moving back and forward?), try to wait.
You can also try to restart your PC before this, so you'll be sure that there are no "unfinished" imports in the background.

Barbara Ferro
Barbara Ferro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:39
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CWU importing - error message May 17, 2012

I already used the module "Standby Remote Client" and the *.cap file,that the client sent to me.
When I try to importing cwu with the second option "Import task(s) from cwu (client work unit) file, it thaks a lot of time and after all I got the following error message (unfortunatelly in Italian):

Failed to save.
Details: Errore non specificato.
[Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]Errore di rete generico. Controllare la d
... See more
I already used the module "Standby Remote Client" and the *.cap file,that the client sent to me.
When I try to importing cwu with the second option "Import task(s) from cwu (client work unit) file, it thaks a lot of time and after all I got the following error message (unfortunatelly in Italian):

Failed to save.
Details: Errore non specificato.
[Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]Errore di rete generico. Controllare la documentazione della rete. [hr=-2147467259]
Error: [11] 0x80004005. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]Errore di rete generico. Controllare la documentazione della rete. [08S01]
Error: [0] 0x80040E21. Si sono verificati errori in un'operazione OLE DB composta da più passaggi. Controllare i singoli valori di stato OLE DB, se disponibili. Nessuna operazione eseguita. [08S01] (CDDataSet::RowUpdate(select * from Documents ) failed.) Code:#0 File: DConnect.cpp Line: 306

Failed to append Document: XXXXXXXX) [7068:15898] Code:#0 File: BStoredItemContainerT.h Line: 828

Close RecordSet (select * from Documents ) failed.
Unknown error 0x800A0C93 [ADODB.Recordset] Operazione non consentita nel contesto corrente. [hr=-2146825069]
Collapse

Letitia E. Lazar
Letitia E. Lazar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:39
English to Romanian
+ ...
If I was in your shoes.... May 17, 2012

I would reinstall the whole thing, as it seems there are some data bases missing.

I remember I had peculiar errors while trying to open a *.cwu file and there all vanished after followed the client's suggestion to install the latest patch (I thought I had the latest, but turned out it was not).

You can find latest patch (
... See more
I would reinstall the whole thing, as it seems there are some data bases missing.

I remember I had peculiar errors while trying to open a *.cwu file and there all vanished after followed the client's suggestion to install the latest patch (I thought I had the latest, but turned out it was not).

You can find latest patch (H), released last month, here:

http://www.across.net/en/download-center.aspx

Finger crossed!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with CWU import

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »