Cannot search in source language
ناشر الموضوع: Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
الصين
أنجليزي إلى هولندي
+ ...
Dec 21, 2012

For some reason, I cannot use Across to search for a word in the source language. Only the target language fields are searchable and the option round "source language" is greyed out. Why is this?

AAV
AAV
Local time: 14:30
You can use crossView Search tab for this Dec 21, 2012

Sander Van de Moortel wrote:

For some reason, I cannot use Across to search for a word in the source language. Only the target language fields are searchable and the option round "source language" is greyed out. Why is this?

1) You can search in Project Management module (outside of crossDesk translation environment), if you use Personal Edition or you are Project manager of Server. There search in Source language is possible.
2) The easier way would be to use crossView (panel on the left) "Search" tab, since you don't need the replace possibility for source.

Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
الصين
أنجليزي إلى هولندي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
I'll try next time Dec 23, 2012

I will try next time, but why is the "source language" button greyed out? Seems like pretty basic functionality and would have saved me hours of time searching for certain terms.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot search in source language

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »