Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:32
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2015

I tried CafeTran yesterday, was very happy with it. Did half of a job. They are now going to be a lost three hours and I will have to revert to Wordfast as I simply cannot get the programme to work again. I think the Java update may have broken it. I tried uninstalling java and reverting to java 1.6. All it did there was tell it could not reach the JRE. I'm so glad that I did not buy a license yesterday (I was about to!), as at least now I have only lost 3 hours work. I would say that this is wo... See more
I tried CafeTran yesterday, was very happy with it. Did half of a job. They are now going to be a lost three hours and I will have to revert to Wordfast as I simply cannot get the programme to work again. I think the Java update may have broken it. I tried uninstalling java and reverting to java 1.6. All it did there was tell it could not reach the JRE. I'm so glad that I did not buy a license yesterday (I was about to!), as at least now I have only lost 3 hours work. I would say that this is worth looking into...Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:32
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java 8 u51 Jul 18, 2015

Hello Adam,

I have just updated Java to 8 u51 version on Mac OS and it functions fine here. CafeTran does not run on the older Java 6 version on Mac anymore. Please revert to the latest Java 8 and contact the support directly or via the new CT forums/tickets at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com to help you solve the issue.

Igor

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:32
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 18, 2015

Hi Igor,

Thanks for responding on this. I will try again to be sure. It is coming up with a blank window and not responding after several minutes. It would be nice to get past this, as I liked the functionality of the programme very much. I'll be in touch via a support ticket.

Adam

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:32
Just checked: works here too with the latest Java on OS X! Jul 18, 2015

I've just checked too.

CafeTran version: 2015-07-13-01
Java version: Java 1.8.0._51

CafeTran works fine here.

There's a dedicated Mac forum at:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions

It allows easy exchange of important information, such as screenshots.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OSX Java 8 u51 --> Broken

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »