Using Cloud-based CAT tools and clients
Лице кое објавува дискусија: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Франција
Local time: 01:05
англиски на француски
Jul 14, 2016

Hello,

Must I disclose to my clients that I use a cloud-based CAT tool such as Lilt to translate?

Can I be sued by my customers for not informing them before translating?

Check Lilt data privacy guidelines -> https://lilt.com/security

As a freelance translator am I legally responsbile in case of Lilt failure to protect my translation and the client's data (hac
... See more
Hello,

Must I disclose to my clients that I use a cloud-based CAT tool such as Lilt to translate?

Can I be sued by my customers for not informing them before translating?

Check Lilt data privacy guidelines -> https://lilt.com/security

As a freelance translator am I legally responsbile in case of Lilt failure to protect my translation and the client's data (hacking, breach of security on their side, etc)?

Regards,
▲ Collapse


 
Eduard Pascariu
Eduard Pascariu  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:05
романски на германски
+ ...
Lilt is just a bot Jul 20, 2024

You are completely responsible for everthing. Lilt is a one man show, i.e. one midget surrounded by stupid bots

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Cloud-based CAT tools and clients







Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »