Fluency Now: Java FX fatal error
Лице кое објавува дискусија: Sabsi
Sabsi
Sabsi
Австрија
Jul 31, 2019

Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software. I tried out Fluency Now and liked it. After I signed up for the monthly subscription, I attempted to download the program again and I haven't gotten it to work since.

When I open the program, I only see the loading screen and an error message: "A fatal error has occured: Fluency was unable to find Java FX. Please contact
... See more
Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software. I tried out Fluency Now and liked it. After I signed up for the monthly subscription, I attempted to download the program again and I haven't gotten it to work since.

When I open the program, I only see the loading screen and an error message: "A fatal error has occured: Fluency was unable to find Java FX. Please contact [email protected] for more info." Nothing else happens and I have to force close the program.

Unfortunately, my repeated attempts to contact support at Western Standard have failed. I've tried four difference email addresses. The one email I received back told me to download Java 8, which I had already done. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, no luck.

Does anyone have any advice before I cancel my subscription? I'm new to Mac OS so I'm open to the suggestion that I've overlooked something super obvious. It's really frustrating that it worked so well for the trial month and has now totally broken down.

Thanks in advance.
▲ Collapse


 
CafeTran Trainer
CafeTran Trainer
Холандија
Член (2006)
германски на холандски
+ ...
Responsive support Jul 31, 2019

Sabsi wrote:

Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software.



Did you see this:

https://www.proz.com/tgb/1211


 
Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Бугарија
Local time: 11:51
Член (2010)
англиски на бугарски
+ ...
Try to use the Help -> Send Support Email menu Aug 2, 2019

I am surprised to read you have received no support. My requests are usually responded to within a couple of hours. I am really pleased with their support.
Before closing the program, try to use the Help -> Send Support Email menu and tick the Add Attachments field and Attach my Config file to this email.

Good luck!


 
Sabsi
Sabsi
Австрија
ОТПОЧНУВАЧ НА ТЕМА
Problem solved Aug 2, 2019

I got an answer from support - it seems my emails were all being caught in the spam filter.

There was an update to the program which caused an issue between the versions of Java installed on my system. If I understood the tech support guy correctly, Fluency was confused by me having a newer version of Java installed than it expected to find and threw an error.

Tech support contacted me and remotely fixed the problem, I'm back to work!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fluency Now: Java FX fatal error







PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »