This mouse...
Лице кое објавува дискусија: Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Словенија
Local time: 01:04
англиски на словенечки
+ ...
Oct 8, 2025

Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?


 
Daryo
Daryo
Local time: 00:04
српски на англиски
+ ...
It's rarely worth the effort. Oct 8, 2025

Gregor Trebec wrote:

Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?


You could try to tinker with it, but it's rarely worth the effort. Much simpler to get another mouse - preferably with good ergonomics.


IrinaN (X)
 
IrinaN (X)
IrinaN (X)
Соединети Американски Држави
Local time: 18:04
англиски на руски
+ ...
Why don't you give it Oct 8, 2025

A proper burial?

Gregor Trebec
Joanna Posylek
mk_lab
Kardas Tradu
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Словенија
Local time: 01:04
англиски на словенечки
+ ...
ОТПОЧНУВАЧ НА ТЕМА
This mouse... Oct 9, 2025

IrinaN wrote:

A proper burial?


and a proper speech...


IrinaN (X)
Kardas Tradu
 
Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Чиле
Local time: 20:04
шпански на англиски
+ ...
Better still ... Oct 9, 2025

IrinaN wrote:

A proper burial?


Recycle it.


 
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Обединето Кралство
Local time: 00:04
англиски на италијански
+ ...
Try... Oct 9, 2025

with a bit of cheese.

Joanna Posylek
Sebastian Witte
IrinaN (X)
Maria Laura Curzi
 
kd42
kd42
Естонија
Local time: 02:04
англиски на руски
Yes, you should. Oct 11, 2025

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


 
WolfgangS
WolfgangS
Франција
Local time: 01:04
англиски на германски
+ ...
Or... Oct 11, 2025

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


 
kd42
kd42
Естонија
Local time: 02:04
англиски на руски
The point is Oct 14, 2025

WolfgangS wrote:

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


The main point is to stick to the old mouse to which your hand is used. It's like old shoes/jeans/your_variant.
New mouse, even "magic", "Apple", "expensive" may not fit. I gave away a few new mice after trying them, after which I bought a pack of microswitches online, and now I solder in a new one when necessary (did it twice).


 
Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
Обединето Кралство
Local time: 00:04
холандски на англиски
+ ...
Expensive mice Oct 14, 2025

kd42 wrote:

WolfgangS wrote:

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


The main point is to stick to the old mouse to which your hand is used. It's like old shoes/jeans/your_variant.
New mouse, even "magic", "Apple", "expensive" may not fit. I gave away a few new mice after trying them, after which I bought a pack of microswitches online, and now I solder in a new one when necessary (did it twice).


I've got a box full of fancy mice on my shelf and I've ended up using quite a basic one

[Edited at 2025-10-14 13:01 GMT]


Maria Laura Curzi
kd42
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератори на овој форум
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This mouse...






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »