This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
Claudia Halas Романија Local time: 14:42 француски на романски + ...
Nov 29, 2007
Hello all,
I am a student and I am going to have an interpretation job through an agency. As I am still a beginner I can not issue an invoice/bill for the assignement.
I know that in Romania people are very strict about this but I have worked abroad and a simple contract signed between the two parties was enough for the payment.
Now, before I go on with my interpreting job I was just wandering if the agency will do all the paperwork.
The company has already told me tha... See more
Hello all,
I am a student and I am going to have an interpretation job through an agency. As I am still a beginner I can not issue an invoice/bill for the assignement.
I know that in Romania people are very strict about this but I have worked abroad and a simple contract signed between the two parties was enough for the payment.
Now, before I go on with my interpreting job I was just wandering if the agency will do all the paperwork.
The company has already told me that they need an invoice.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Natalie Полска Local time: 13:42 Член (2002) англиски на руски + ...
МОДЕРАТОР
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР НА САЈТОТ
Hi Claudia
Nov 29, 2007
Why do you think you cannot issue an invoice? Of course you can! And, of course, nobody will do all the paperwork for you. You should issue your invoice yourself, date and sign it and send to the agency.
An invoice is a document which is necessary to the agency (or rather their accountant) to pay you for the job done.
The invoice should contain the following information:
1) The outsourcer's data (i.e. the address, phone number, email and PM's name)
2)... See more
Why do you think you cannot issue an invoice? Of course you can! And, of course, nobody will do all the paperwork for you. You should issue your invoice yourself, date and sign it and send to the agency.
An invoice is a document which is necessary to the agency (or rather their accountant) to pay you for the job done.
The invoice should contain the following information:
1) The outsourcer's data (i.e. the address, phone number, email and PM's name)
2) The same data for the translator/interpreter (i.e. your data)
3) The information about the job done (e.g. "Interpreting from ... to..., date, time, place" or "Translation from... to..., filename, wordcount, date of delivery)
4) Your data necessary for the payment: bank account, bank address, SWIFT or BIK code - in case you prefer a bank transfer;
OR your paypal account (in case you prefer using paypal);
OR any other data necessary to receive the payment.
Sometimes the outsourcers require some information about VAT or something else - but all these details you should discuss directly with the outsourcer.
I find MS Excel template has invoice format you can use as an example [including calculation for unit price, VAT, tax, shipping fee, method of payment, tax payer No. etc.]
Regards,
Soonthon L.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust
Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work
ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.