Can one change the text message that appears on the taskbar browser tab?
Thread poster: Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 13:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2013

Hello,

It is nothing urgent or really important, but I just wondered whether the text that appears on the browser tab of one's profile page can be edited. F.eg. mine currently says 'A poet. A literary translator...blah-blah-blah' (just as I entered it on the day I registered my ProZ.com account) and I'd prefer it to be the same as my current tagline. Is it doable?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:00
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Search Engine Optimisation Nov 19, 2013

That's where it is, Alexandra. Get your profile up. Select the "profile updater" tab. On the left there's a list and "Search Engine Optimisation" one is the one you want. Remember to click the "save" button.

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:00
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
See here Nov 19, 2013

This should be what you are looking for:

1.30 - How can I change the title displayed in my profile? [Direct link]

In order to add/edit the title displayed in your profile, go to the Settings tab and select the "Search engine settings" section. In this way you can add/edit the title displayed in your profile or leave this field blank to use a ProZ.com search en... See more
This should be what you are looking for:

1.30 - How can I change the title displayed in my profile? [Direct link]

In order to add/edit the title displayed in your profile, go to the Settings tab and select the "Search engine settings" section. In this way you can add/edit the title displayed in your profile or leave this field blank to use a ProZ.com search engine optimized title.

http://www.proz.com/faq/89998#89998

EDIT: Sheila beat me to it

[Edited at 2013-11-19 21:47 GMT]
Collapse

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 13:00
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!! Nov 19, 2013

Thanks A LOT, Sheila, Francesca! I was positive I searched everywhere, FAQ and forums, but it seems that I worded my question incorrectly ))

[Edited at 2013-11-19 21:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can one change the text message that appears on the taskbar browser tab?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »