Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Local time: 15:34
Mitglied (2009)
Niederländisch > Englisch
+ ...
Apr 2, 2014

For all of March, despite a large variety of original IP addresses, all my 34 filtered visitors 'come from' Lyon (France), ISP Orange S.A, which is also my internet provider here in France. Does anyone have any idea why? Can this be fixed?

Ilaria A. Feltre
Ilaria A. Feltre  Identity Verified
Malta
Mitglied
Englisch > Italienisch
+ ...
Same happens to me... Apr 2, 2014

...but from Malta, because it's where I'm based. And they're also all from my Internet provider.

How odd!

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Niederlande
Mitglied (2010)
Englisch > Italienisch
+ ...
(almost) the same here Apr 2, 2014

Although mine all seem to come from Amsterdam. I know I had visits from China, Russia, USA, Germany and Italy but, since this morning, they've all become Dutch.

An April Fools' bug, maybe?

Ilaria A. Feltre
Ilaria A. Feltre  Identity Verified
Malta
Mitglied
Englisch > Italienisch
+ ...
:D Apr 2, 2014

missdutch wrote:

An April Fools' bug, maybe?

Very likely!

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
Vereinigte Staaten
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
Problem with IP lookup in Melissa Data Apr 2, 2014

Hello all,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Melissa Data, the IP lookup service that is used to determine where visitors to your profile are searching from, confirms that there is a problem on their end. For the time being, any IP address that you search through this service via your Visitors tab will display your own information, not the actual details of the person who visited your profile.

I'm afraid there's not much that can be done on ProZ.com's end, as
... See more
Hello all,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Melissa Data, the IP lookup service that is used to determine where visitors to your profile are searching from, confirms that there is a problem on their end. For the time being, any IP address that you search through this service via your Visitors tab will display your own information, not the actual details of the person who visited your profile.

I'm afraid there's not much that can be done on ProZ.com's end, as Melissa Data IP lookup is used only as a tool on the site, and is not affiliated with ProZ.com. However, a representative of the company confirmed that the issue should be straightened out within the next few days.

In the meantime, you can copy and paste the information you find in the "Original IP Address" column of your Visitors tab into a similar IP lookup website (such as http://whatismyipaddress.com/ , for example).

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Mitglied (2009)
Niederländisch > Englisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Thank you! Apr 2, 2014

Great to know what's going on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All visitors to my profile now come from Lyon

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »