Is it possible to hyperlink to my profile on job bids?
Thread poster: mariana24
mariana24
mariana24  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:37
Spanish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2009

Hi All,

I don't know if this is such an obvious question that I cannot even find it amongst the FAQs...I apologise if that is the case.

Question: Can I use URL Hyperlinking to my Proz.com profile when bidding for a job? I have tried with the same method I've used when posting on these fora, but it does not seem to work. Is there another system to be used than the one used for the fora?

I've put myself in the shoes of outsourcers receiving profiles' URLs,
... See more
Hi All,

I don't know if this is such an obvious question that I cannot even find it amongst the FAQs...I apologise if that is the case.

Question: Can I use URL Hyperlinking to my Proz.com profile when bidding for a job? I have tried with the same method I've used when posting on these fora, but it does not seem to work. Is there another system to be used than the one used for the fora?

I've put myself in the shoes of outsourcers receiving profiles' URLs, having to copy them on the browser's address field and so on, and have thought that if I were them, I'd find it a bit cumbersome, compared to having the page only a click away...

Thanks very much in advance.

Mariana
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:37
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It is not necessary Mar 15, 2009

Dear Mariana,

The outsourcer receiving your bid can see your profile page with one click, simply by clicking on your name in the list of bidders' names. The link is already there.

Astrid

mariana24
mariana24  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:37
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much Mar 15, 2009

Dear Elke,

Definitely, today does not seem to be my best day on the "Proz.com for dummies" front...

Thanks again.

Best,

Mariana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to hyperlink to my profile on job bids?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »