Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:59
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2012

I don't mean to be the party pooper, but:

1. Is there a way for me to get rid of that huge ad telling me the translation contest is finished and there is a winner? I have followed the contest, checked out the winner, everything, can I please, pretty please, have the space back on my screen? (Could we please have an "X" button or something to make it go away?)

2. The new top design is also taking up more space than before. I don't want to elaborate on how the color schem
... See more
I don't mean to be the party pooper, but:

1. Is there a way for me to get rid of that huge ad telling me the translation contest is finished and there is a winner? I have followed the contest, checked out the winner, everything, can I please, pretty please, have the space back on my screen? (Could we please have an "X" button or something to make it go away?)

2. The new top design is also taking up more space than before. I don't want to elaborate on how the color scheme is not in line with the rest of the ProZ pages, because I hope it is just a temporary thing, but if I don't want to participate in the membership campaign, could I please have a "No thank you" button or something, and make the extra stuff, like the little renew tab disappear?

Maybe there is an option somewhere to make these changes but I couldn't find it, all I found was an option to customize the forum lists.

Please?
Katalin
Collapse

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:59
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Hi Katalin Nov 27, 2012

I´m totally with you. I was just going to post something similar.

The relatively small box about the contest doesn´t bother me that much (although it is a bit annoying), however, that massive membership ad stuff that seems to take up most of the page, is really driving me up the wall.

If there was an option to hide it, or even better, if it would be removed altogether, I would be immensely grateful.

Thanks.

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:59
English to Turkish
+ ...
Same here Nov 27, 2012

I consider any abrupt interference with my regular screen as rude and invasive. What is even worse is that I can not get rid of them or opt out of them.

My membership is 9 nine months away from expiration and I really don't want to receive promotions. Do you think the proz staff is reading this thread? I hope they do give us a way to hide both the contest and the membership drive.

[Edited at 2012-11-27 11:27 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:59
SITE STAFF
Thanks for reporting Nov 27, 2012

Hello all,

Thanks for pointing this out. The "Renew now" box should only appear if your renewal date is not far off (this is what appears to be making the header "thicker"). I'll see that it gets taken care of along with the contest promo.

Jared

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2020 is not far enough? Nov 27, 2012

Jared wrote:

The "Renew now" box should only appear if your renewal date is not far off

My renewal date is 2020 or something, and I still get that extra tab.
Katalin

Natalia Mackevich
Natalia Mackevich  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Is there a way to switch to the old design? Nov 27, 2012

I'm conservative and got used to the old design.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's just a campaign banner kind of thing - I hope Nov 27, 2012

Hi Natalia,
I agree that the regular top part is much better than this, but I am hopeful that this is only temporary - the membership campaign ends on Dec 13, so if not earlier, after that I hope we will have the regular color scheme back.

By the way, if any of the designers read this: my first reaction when I saw the blue logo was "oh, we are supporting Wordfast now?" Next thought - "oh, yeah, SDL is not doing well on the stock market, so maybe it is not so cool to use green?
... See more
Hi Natalia,
I agree that the regular top part is much better than this, but I am hopeful that this is only temporary - the membership campaign ends on Dec 13, so if not earlier, after that I hope we will have the regular color scheme back.

By the way, if any of the designers read this: my first reaction when I saw the blue logo was "oh, we are supporting Wordfast now?" Next thought - "oh, yeah, SDL is not doing well on the stock market, so maybe it is not so cool to use green?"
Collapse

inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:59
French to German
+ ...
Can I keep it please Nov 27, 2012

I really like the new top part and I would be happy to keep it. For me, it makes a welcome change from the rather boring old design.

However, I was getting rather fed up with the ad about the contest but I suppose that has disappeared now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Home page design - contest and membership campaign

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »