Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:45
French to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2013

Hi,
I am interested in buying a translation software via a group-buy sooner rather than later.
A sale of the software I am interested in features in the TSGB section of this website and the sale has now been closed for several weeks.
Are group-buys just an occasional opportunity?
Thanks,
Eléonore

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
TGB sales surrounding September virtual events Sep 18, 2013

Hi Eleonore

Thanks for considering ProZ.com TGB for your software purchase. The frequency of TGB depends on the software vendor some run more frequently than others. At this time all TGB's are on hold until ProZ.com's 2013 virtual event series surrounding International Translation Day. The sales during the event are typically the deepest discounts offered all year.

If you have not already registered to attend the eve
... See more
Hi Eleonore

Thanks for considering ProZ.com TGB for your software purchase. The frequency of TGB depends on the software vendor some run more frequently than others. At this time all TGB's are on hold until ProZ.com's 2013 virtual event series surrounding International Translation Day. The sales during the event are typically the deepest discounts offered all year.

If you have not already registered to attend the event I would recommend doing so now at http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/group/11/register

The sales information will be shown to attendees starting on September 30th at http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/404/sales

Discounts will be available for:
SDL Trados
memoQ
Wordfast
Atril Déjà Vu
Fluency
TO3000
WordFinder
ProZ.com membership discounts
and more

Thanks - hope to "see" you at the virtual events.

Drew
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:45
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Translation Software Sep 19, 2013

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

Discounts will be available for:
SDL Trados
memoQ
Wordfast
Atril Déjà Vu
Fluency
TO3000
WordFinder
ProZ.com membership discounts
and more

Thanks - hope to "see" you at the virtual events.

Drew

Thank you for the useful information. I was wondering about the following: Where can we find some information including a comparison of the various translation software, their performance, recommendations, etc? Sort of a buyers' guide for the translation software.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:45
English to Italian
+ ...
ProZ.com’s Translator Software Comparison Tool. Sep 20, 2013

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Thank you for the useful information. I was wondering about the following: Where can we find some information including a comparison of the various translation software, their performance, recommendations, etc? Sort of a buyers' guide for the translation software.

Ciao Atil,

you can find some information on ProZ.com’s Translator Software Comparison Tool. http://www.proz.com/software-comparison-tool

D

[Edited at 2013-09-20 07:37 GMT]

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:45
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thanks Sep 20, 2013

Thank you Daniela. Wow! I did not know there were that many. I counted 24 CAT tools.

Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:45
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 23, 2013

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the clarification on how things work.

And I hadn't registered to the virtual conference so will do.

Hoping I can get my piece of software soon enough!
Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation software group-buys

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »