Wrong membership start date (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:39
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 31, 2023

I have noticed that my membership start date has been changed and is now stating "Dec. 2021" while it is (19th) February 2008 - the registration confirmation email is still in my inbox.
I am posting this here as I can't submit a change request (it says "Your start date can not be earlier than your registration date").

texjax DDS PhD

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 05:39
SITE STAFF
Fixed Oct 31, 2023

Hi Zea,

It looks like your "member since" date reset in 2021, when your membership expired in August and was renewed in that December. You are correct about your registration date on the site. Your first membership purchase was in June of 2009 (thanks!), so I have set the date back to that. You'll see your membership purchase/renewal history in the Wallet section of your account.

Jared

Zea_Mays

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:39
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jared Oct 31, 2023

This change has happened recently as it always stated 2009 (quite a long time ago indeed),
and as far as I can see some other members are affected where 2023 is shown as their membership start year.

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:39
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Another bug? Nov 1, 2023

Same here, thank you Zea for pointing that out.

I believe I registered at the beginning of 2006, and I've been a paying member since May 10, 2006. However it's now stated that I've been a member since November 22, 2018.

The current error appears both in my profile and in the KudoZ leaders page. Not sure where else this information can be found.

[Edited at 2023-11-01 19:49 GMT]

Michele Fauble
Zea_Mays

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:39
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Me too Nov 1, 2023

Wrong membership date on my profile too.

Maybe we should get a membership discount until all the bigs are fixed.

Zea_Mays

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
And me! Nov 1, 2023

My profile says Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2014
But my Kudoz record shows that my first answer was posted on 9 Feb '06.

I also have a pending support ticket ( https://www.proz.com/ticket/730625 ) concerning the absence of posts in the 'Poll discussion' forum in my "My forum posts" list. I now realise that that same list doesn't show any forum posts at all prior
... See more
My profile says Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2014
But my Kudoz record shows that my first answer was posted on 9 Feb '06.

I also have a pending support ticket ( https://www.proz.com/ticket/730625 ) concerning the absence of posts in the 'Poll discussion' forum in my "My forum posts" list. I now realise that that same list doesn't show any forum posts at all prior to the (incorrect) registration date indicated above.

The good news is that the Browniz I am losing on account of these bugs aren't worth anything anyway...
Collapse

Zea_Mays

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong membership start date (Staff: Fixed)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »