Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): ProZ.com presents - State of the industry: freelance translators in 2011
Moreechika
Moreechika
Banglades
angol - bengáli
+ ...
Exploring opportunities... Sep 30, 2011

Hi Jared,

I have a number of questions. They are as follows:

1. Is it possible and practicable for overseas freelancers to proactively : (a) identify/discover existing & potential (in my language combination, which is a niche one), and (b) reach -- local end-consumers (especially institutional) directly in western european (esp. UK), middle eastern and north american countries without the help of local agencies in those countries and compete for
... See more
Hi Jared,

I have a number of questions. They are as follows:

1. Is it possible and practicable for overseas freelancers to proactively : (a) identify/discover existing & potential (in my language combination, which is a niche one), and (b) reach -- local end-consumers (especially institutional) directly in western european (esp. UK), middle eastern and north american countries without the help of local agencies in those countries and compete for jobs ? If it is possible, what would be the best and most efficient way of doing this ?

2. What would be the best and most efficient way of doing all of the above in case of agencies in those countries and becoming their first choice in my language combination, considering they have the option to shop elsewhere ?

Thanks

Arif (Moreechika)
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: blank post.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference session (2011): ProZ.com presents - State of the industry: freelance translators in 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »