Viruses from admin@..... (message.zip)
Лице кое објавува дискусија: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Перу
Local time: 16:21
шпански
+ ...
Sep 16, 2003

I´ve received several messages from at least two email accounts titled "your account"--lower case.

It´s got the following message:

Hello there,

I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
email address. This email address will be expiring.
Please read attachment for details.

---
Best regards, Administrator
velvnuwn

The signature changes but the messages are exactly the same.
... See more
I´ve received several messages from at least two email accounts titled "your account"--lower case.

It´s got the following message:

Hello there,

I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
email address. This email address will be expiring.
Please read attachment for details.

---
Best regards, Administrator
velvnuwn

The signature changes but the messages are exactly the same.

The attachement --a zip file, contains a virus, at least it is to my antivirus.

The problem is that the domains of those email have always been my own. So, [email protected], can be very misleading.

Stay alert.

Claudia
▲ Collapse


 
Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
Обединето Кралство
Local time: 22:21
англиски на шпански
+ ...
Sobig.E Sep 16, 2003

It is a virus
One of the family of dear Sobig.
I received hundreds the past month in three email accounts.

Also, with one of the Sobig's I noticed that it takes addresses of the address book of the infected computer and sends itself with those addresses as sender, so you can only know the apparent sender of the virus is another victim of the infected computer.
Very annoying!!

My PC Cilli
... See more
It is a virus
One of the family of dear Sobig.
I received hundreds the past month in three email accounts.

Also, with one of the Sobig's I noticed that it takes addresses of the address book of the infected computer and sends itself with those addresses as sender, so you can only know the apparent sender of the virus is another victim of the infected computer.
Very annoying!!

My PC Cillin blocks them all (touch wood!), but you're right, STAY ALERT!!

[Edited at 2003-09-16 19:44]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератори на овој форум
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Viruses from admin@..... (message.zip)






Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »